Windows 10: Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

Discus and support Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HamAndHands, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway, I was a bit on edge after this and went back to what I was doing before, which was opening Windows Security and clicking "Check For Updates"what happened next was Windows Security suddenly told me that Defender had stopped, and to click Restart, so I did and it quickly came back online without issue. I checked the Event V

:)

HamAndHands, Feb 23, 2024

2. On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

Cannot update Windows Defender after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Arun,

Thank you for choosing Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused. Let me assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Stop and restart the Windows Defender Service.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries.

Arvind Ram, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

1. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No? - Similar Threads - Defender Stopped Working

2. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  3. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  4. Windows Defender stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender stopped working: Split from this thread. Good day So sorry to bother you when you're off But my Windows Defender simply stopped working today after I restarted the system. I went online to check for a solution and found your solutions here so i'm gonna upload the two files you've asked for...
  5. windows defender stopped working

windows defender stopped working: threat service has stopped. Restart is now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-stopped-working/2f14500e-e59b-4a44-a772-822c1959b51c
  6. Windows Defender Stopped Working

Windows Defender Stopped Working: Dear Microsoft, I'm writing to email to ask for your help regarding my Windows Defender. I recently updated my Window 10 with the latest update, and now all of sudden my Windows Defender Stopped working. I already tried the different method posted else such as activating...
  7. Windows Defender Stop Working

Windows Defender Stop Working: windows defender worked on my system for some months after installing windows 10, but then it stopped now. each time I click on it to help me defend malicious virus, a pop will come up telling me to contact my security administrator to enable the program via group policy. pls...
  8. Windows Defender concerns

Windows Defender concerns: Hello, I am very confused and concerned. We have Windows 10 Home 64-bit. OS Build 18362.387. I am aware there have been update issues recently, with MD5 problems or something? I don't fully understand. Really, I am not sure whether things are up to date as they should...
  9. Windows Defender Stopped Working

Windows Defender Stopped Working: My Windows Defender stopped working and I've tried the following with no luck: Can anyone help? 1. Press Windows Key + R 2. Type regedit in the run box. 3. Locate the following path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS DEFENDER\ 4. Right click this file and...
  10. When i tried to check for protection updates in windows defender i got this message:...

When i tried to check for protection updates in windows defender i got this message:...: When i tried to check for protection updates in windows defender i got this message: Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. How...