Windows 10: Windows Defender stopped!

Discus and support Windows Defender stopped! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender stopped working on my Windows 10. How do I get it started again? I have never had another virus app on my computer. The settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerrySantavicca, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Windows Defender stopped!

Windows Defender stopped working on my Windows 10. How do I get it started again? I have never had another virus app on my computer. The settings option to turn it on is grayed out. I've tried everything that was recommended, including register tweaks and group policy changes to no avail. Help!

:)

TerrySantavicca, Apr 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Windows Defender stops scanning

You can follow these steps to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:

• Type services in the Cortana search field, then click
      Services.
    • Locate then right-click Windows Defender Service.
    • Choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Windows Defender stopped!

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender stopped!

1. Windows Defender stopped! - Similar Threads - Defender stopped

2. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  4. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  5. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  6. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  7. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  8. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

9. Is Microsoft Defender aware of and working to stop this new virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft Defender aware of and working to stop this new virus?: Sims 4 gaming content creator community is under attack. What is MS doing to protect us?https://simsafterdark.com/malware-warning/https://www.patreon.com/posts/modguard-mod-v1-98126153Recently some mods were uploaded to different pages MTS, TSR, Curseforge and LoversLab,...
  10. Is Microsoft Defender aware of and working to stop this new virus?

Is Microsoft Defender aware of and working to stop this new virus?: Sims 4 gaming content creator community is under attack. What is MS doing to protect us?https://simsafterdark.com/malware-warning/https://www.patreon.com/posts/modguard-mod-v1-98126153Recently some mods were uploaded to different pages MTS, TSR, Curseforge and LoversLab,...