Windows 10: Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive

Discus and support Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After uninstalling Norton as it came preinstalled after on my computer I started to experience an issue, whenever I would try to eject my hard drive I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by harrison_hold, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive

After uninstalling Norton as it came preinstalled after on my computer I started to experience an issue, whenever I would try to eject my hard drive I would get an error, after looking in event viewer I saw an error talking about how msmpeng.exe was stopping it from ejecting. After researching I found out that this task was windows defender.

However I have tried everything to stop this from happening to no avail, Ive gone into its settings to turn it off and yet it still runs in the background still blocking be from ejecting my hard drive, attempting to close msmpeng.exe in task manager gives me an error that I dont have permission with no way to change this I have then followed guides about going into edit to make a file called disablelivespywareprotection something like that and now Im out of answers, Am I now forced to just unplug it unsafely or something? please help

:)

harrison_hold, May 26, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

An error occured while ejecting

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed in
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 26, 2020
  3. Windows Defender stops scanning

You can follow these steps to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:

• Type services in the Cortana search field, then click
      Services.
    • Locate then right-click Windows Defender Service.
    • Choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 26, 2020
  4. Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive

Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive

1. Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive - Similar Threads - Defender stopping ejecting

2. Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games: Hifor the last few weeks windows defender has been stopping me from running games that I have had installed for years and worked perfectly.the error that it's picking up is that steam_api.dll is a virus. the thing is that while this is a cracked file I've been using it for...
  3. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer: So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject after I am finished with them. They all are reading correctly, and are letting me explore within them, create folders, etc., but...
  4. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer: So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject after I am finished with them. They all are reading correctly, and are letting me explore within them, create folders, etc., but...
  5. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  7. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  8. Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive: I have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be offereing any solutions. So when I right click on the external drive i wish to eject, I don't have the eject option only format. I have gone down to the little arrow at the right bottom of the screen on my...
  9. To stop Windows defender from auto scans

To stop Windows defender from auto scans: Any way to stop WD from doing periodical auto scans ? 152317
  10. Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?

Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?: Is there a way to stop the alerts from Windows Defender that uselessly tell me it found nothing? If there's no problem, I don't need or want to hear about it. Just tell me if/when it finds something suspicious, then I'll deal with it. Otherwise STHU! 89565

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msmpeng prevent eject