Windows 10: Windows defender subscription renewal scam

Discus and support Windows defender subscription renewal scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MynameisJj, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is for me to open my laptop again?

:)

MynameisJj, Oct 6, 2022

2. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is for me to open my laptop again?

MynameisJj, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    Microsoft subscription renewal?

=

No. Definitely not.

That's a scam.

Microsoft will never call you out of the blue.

Only if you have previously contacted the official Microsoft Support, they might call you.

Next time you receive such a call: Just hang up!

You might want to read:

Some related and official Microsoft articles:

Other non-Microsoft, but very good articles worth reading:

Ṣmeed, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

MicroSoft Defender Subscription auto renewal for S199.00

Is this a scam? I havent authorized any auto renewal for Microsoft Defender payment of $199.00

JackelynRandall, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows defender subscription renewal scam

1. Windows defender subscription renewal scam - Similar Threads - defender subscription renewal

2. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  3. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  4. suspected windows defender auto-renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspected windows defender auto-renewal scam: I received an email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" stating I would be charged $299 annual auto-renewal subscription fee. The call back # is 510-413-7621. I called from my work phone spoke with someone name given but unable to hear clearly who answered the...
  5. Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?

Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?: I received an email thanking me for "renewal of services" for Microsoft Defender Protection. It states that I will be charged $399 for a year subscription. Is there a charge for Defender? I DID NOT order this. Is it a scam???It states: "...to cancel subscription please...
  6. Windows Defender subscription renewal scam

Windows Defender subscription renewal scam: I stupidly called the number on the email stating that my Windows Defender subscription was renewed and $399.00 would be charged. And to add insult to injury, I followed their every request to open a website where they had control of my laptop and even had me login to my...
  7. windows defender scam. Auto renewal.

windows defender scam. Auto renewal.: How do I stop this or remove anything on my laptop to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scam-auto-renewal/820760a5-071f-465e-b8f1-ee8ec63b6522
  8. Windows Defenders renewal scam

Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...
  9. Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?

Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?: Windows Defender Invoice 2020-converted.pdf I recieved an email saying I was charged $299.00 for my windows defender subscription. I've researched your fees and dont see one for $299. Please verify this is fraud. Thank you[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [Original Title: Windows...
  10. Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew

Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew: I received an email minutes ago telling me I was being charged $200 to renew Windows Defender...and I had to call a given number to dispute the charge - which I did, having no memory of ordering it. The Indian guy on the other end wanted to take me through along process...