Windows 10: Windows Defender Subscription

Discus and support Windows Defender Subscription in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a window pop open this morning on my computer, running Windows 10, telling me that my Windows Defender subscription had expired (as of today) and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WILLIAMBEAN2, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Subscription

I had a window pop open this morning on my computer, running Windows 10, telling me that my Windows Defender subscription had expired (as of today) and displayed a button to click to renew. Is this legit? My other Windows subscription programs always give an advanced notice before expiring. I have never been asked to pay for Windows Defender before.

:)

WILLIAMBEAN2, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 26, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender Subscription

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Subscription

1. Windows Defender Subscription - Similar Threads - Defender Subscription

2. Windows 11 Pro and Defender AV - why is Defender asking me to buy a M365 subscription?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro and Defender AV - why is Defender asking me to buy a M365 subscription?: I purchased a Dell laptop for my son to use at university. It came with Windows 11 Home. When I first configured the system using Win 11 Home license at the time I established a Microsoft account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** then installed M365 using his...
  3. Windows 11 Pro and Defender AV - why is Defender asking me to buy a M365 subscription?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro and Defender AV - why is Defender asking me to buy a M365 subscription?: I purchased a Dell laptop for my son to use at university. It came with Windows 11 Home. When I first configured the system using Win 11 Home license at the time I established a Microsoft account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** then installed M365 using his...
  4. Microsoft Defender - does it automatically come with my Microsoft 365 subscription?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender - does it automatically come with my Microsoft 365 subscription?: I recently started having issues with my google switching over automatically every time I enter a google search, it starts out as as Google search, but switches over to Microsoft Bing. So I researched and downloaded Bitdefender, on a 30 day trial. I talked to them extensively...
  5. BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523.: BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/billing-please-dont-renew-the-windows-defender/68a4e54f-5e53-4997-be5b-351e28c8c4c7
  6. BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523.

BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523.: BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/billing-please-dont-renew-the-windows-defender/68a4e54f-5e53-4997-be5b-351e28c8c4c7
  7. BILLING, Please Don't renew the Windows Defender Subscription. ID: Wdd8726434523.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  9. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  10. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i do not renue my windows defender subsription is my computer left without protection