Windows 10: windows defender system tray icon is black

Discus and support windows defender system tray icon is black in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; this what my windows defender icon looks like https://imgur.com/qX39YT9... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gentrycl, Feb 26, 2019.

1. gentrycl Win User

windows defender system tray icon is black

this what my windows defender icon looks like

https://imgur.com/qX39YT9

:)

gentrycl, Feb 26, 2019

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IN SYSTEM TRAY

Hi Peggybiebl,

Hope this will address your query.

Follow the below mentioned steps:

* Click Start,

* Type Windows Defender into the search space and select the
    Window Defender
    from the list to launch the same.

* Keep Windows Defender open on desktop.

* Now Right-click on System-Tray(I.e. On time/date) and select
    Customize notification icons from context menu

* On right Select which icons appear on the taskbar under
    Quick actions

* Then search and toggle the Windows Defender to On

Going forward you can see the Windows Defender in the system tray.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 26, 2019
  4. no1yak Win User

Windows Defender Tray Icon

Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed.

In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has messed up Defender in some way. Before the up date defender icon was in the system tray and now it's gone.
    Anyone else having this with the 1709 up date?

no1yak, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. windows defender system tray icon is black - Similar Threads - defender system tray

2. Window defender notification system tray icon missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window defender notification system tray icon missing: My window defender system tray icon is missing and I can't find any option to turn it on in the startup menu or taskbar submitted by /u/qan_0801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m39h22/window_defender_notification_system_tray_icon/
  3. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  4. System Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  5. system tray icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  6. Windows Defender System Tray Icon

Windows Defender System Tray Icon: Currently, I have the Windows Defender System Tray icon with an exclamation point on it --- When I open the program to see what actions are needed, there are none to be acted upon --- So I should get the green checkmark when I restart, but still, the exclamation point is...
  7. Windows Defender on the Icon Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender on the Icon Tray: I know this may be a silly question, but my Windows Defender Icon in my system tray alerted me of a possible "Action Needed" warning... When I open it up, there are NO actions needed on any of the parameters specified ... In other words, instead of a Green OK symbol on the...
  8. Windows Defender Tray Icon

Windows Defender Tray Icon: Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed. In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has...
  9. Windows Defender in System Tray

Windows Defender in System Tray: After the update on 9/30, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon now appears in the system tray. [img] Has this happened to everyone? What's the point of it? 24713
  10. Window Defender in System Tray

Window Defender in System Tray: I have recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Under 7, Security Essentials appears in the System Tray but not under Windows 10. Is this the way it is supposed to be?. I have put it in the Taskbar but miss it in the System Tray. Thank you. 16778