Windows 10: Windows Defender Taking A Long Time

Discus and support Windows Defender Taking A Long Time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I ran a Windows Defender scan, and i found a threat, Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B specifically, so i clicked remove threat. Its currently 2:26 PM, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kirrby, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Kirrby Win User

Windows Defender Taking A Long Time

So I ran a Windows Defender scan, and i found a threat, Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B specifically, so i clicked remove threat. Its currently 2:26 PM, I started at 8:30 AM, i ran windows update and there were some required updates. Should i restart my computer and run the updates, should i just close WD yes ik it isnt good to do that... i need help.

:)

Kirrby, Apr 20, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 20, 2021
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Taking A Long Time

Windows defender is taking a long time to scan

I am running my first full scan with windows defender 5 hrs. and still scanning. why is it taking so long?

springbender, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Taking A Long Time

1. Windows Defender Taking A Long Time - Similar Threads - Defender Taking Long

2. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  3. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  4. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restore taking a long time: Hello, I’ve been having network connection/WiFi issues lately receiving the error “There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter.”So I looked online for ways to fix it, and saw one suggestion to update your network driver to a previous version. So I tried to...
  6. Windows taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  7. Windows Update takes long time.

Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  8. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!: We're at 5 1/2 hours and still not finished. 924,000+ items scanned. I had had the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on for the first 1 1/2 hours of the Defender scan and I turned it off because I thought that might be slowing things. This is on a Dell Inspiron...