Windows 10: Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

Discus and support Windows Defender Taking too Much Time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender is now in its 21st hour doing a full scan. Is this normal? How long should it take? [Original Title: windows defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan D 1948, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

My windows defender is now in its 21st hour doing a full scan. Is this normal? How long should it take?

[Original Title: windows defender]

:)

Dan D 1948, Nov 24, 2019

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

1. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time - Similar Threads - Defender Taking too

2. System loading takes too much time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System loading takes too much time.: Hello community.My Windows needs like 2 minutes to boot.This started a few days ago. I used a backup, and I installed the latest updates but this didn't affect the boot time.It looks like: I press the power button on the PC case - I see BIOS things press f11 my USB devices...
  3. System loading takes too much time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System loading takes too much time.: Hello community.My Windows needs like 2 minutes to boot.This started a few days ago. I used a backup, and I installed the latest updates but this didn't affect the boot time.It looks like: I press the power button on the PC case - I see BIOS things press f11 my USB devices...
  4. Windows Defender taking too much time to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender taking too much time to open.: Hi, i recently noticed that after updating to windows 11, either way upgrade or fresh install, when i open windows defender it doesn't open and stay black for a long time. when i close it open multiple times it doesn't open and after sometime the app opens and i wont have...
  5. Windows Defender taking too much time to open.

Windows Defender taking too much time to open.: Hi, i recently noticed that after updating to windows 11, either way upgrade or fresh install, when i open windows defender it doesn't open and stay black for a long time. when i close it open multiple times it doesn't open and after sometime the app opens and i wont have...
  6. Windows 11 update taking too much time

Windows 11 update taking too much time: I was doing my windows 11 update which initially downloaded within half an hour but got stuck in installing at 25%. Then it suddenly came back to downloading 0% Now after 1hr its stuck at installing 7%. Is this normal? How much more time will it take to install?...
  7. Windows 11 update taking too much time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update taking too much time: I was doing my windows 11 update which initially downloaded within half an hour but got stuck in installing at 25%. Then it suddenly came back to downloading 0% Now after 1hr its stuck at installing 7%. Is this normal? How much more time will it take to install?...
  8. Chkdsk C: /R taking too much time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk C: /R taking too much time: Hlw I want to know how much time Chkdsk C: /R takes on 120 gb windows os partition its been 7 hrs and still running. Fixing C: Stage 1: 23% 95027 of 399872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00 [IMG]...
  9. take too much time to update window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    take too much time to update window: take to much time to update window i try it from yesterday but till now it not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-too-much-time-to-update-window/1c3808a1-0c59-488f-b366-8b3448576019
  10. take too much time for installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    take too much time for installation: Hi, I would experience the time issue for installing the update.it going on preparing installation about 2 hours.what's the reason? I have a fresh new device with 8 GB RAM and core i7 processor could any one pls tell the problem?...