Windows 10: Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Discus and support Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I think I have tried everything, from simply turning off live protection, to deleting automated scans in the task scheduler, to adding a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DjWolffe_, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time 56eo5XqODLYqoUIayHxqmhKxAenT1Vpk3kevbDjR9zo.jpg

I think I have tried everything, from simply turning off live protection, to deleting automated scans in the task scheduler, to adding a entry called DisableAntiSpyware in the registry editor. I have checked for software updates and security updates. I have checked if it is a 'fake antivirus process'. Nothing will stop 'Antimalware Service Executable' from hogging 50% of my CPU. This is seriously starting to frustrate me. Sometimes, even when I have no other processes open, my fans will kick on just because of Antimalware Service Executable. I'm sick and tired of Windows Defender, I have been for a long time. It's a constant war - I download something, Windows Defender deletes it.

Please give me an answer to this. If you need any additional information please ask.

https://preview.redd.it/awdbg5z3x8j...bp&s=ff2addd4bd7bb52170d6b3b2ebf427524c7e1540

submitted by /u/DjWolffe_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DjWolffe_, Feb 23, 2021
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Feb 23, 2021
  3. KeiwaM Win User
    Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall restarts, resets, malware cleaning, added it to the exclusion list, changed the schedule. Every single fix online
    that I could find, I tried. None of them worked so as a last resort, I completely turned off Windows Defender as a whole. It is currently working just fine but the problem is that no windows aplication like store or even pictures will work without windows
    defender but I refuse to enable it as long as it takes 50% of my CPU. So here is the question:

Is there a way to stop this anti malware executable from taking 50% of my CPU (when idle, mind you) that I HAVENT tried.

If not

Is there a way to still use Pictures without WIndows Defender..

Honestly Microsoft, sort it out. This isn't exactly a new issue.

KeiwaM, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Cailerh Win User

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager

As the title says, while playing music the Groove Music in task manager is taking up 50-60% of my CPU. I doubt it is supposed to be this much does anyone have any suggestions?

Cailerh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

1. Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time - Similar Threads - Defender taking 50%

2. Unknown taking up 50 % of drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown taking up 50 % of drive: Hello! so i have an issue where im missing chunk of my drive i have search the web far and wide in search of a fix for this. i have tried shadow files, disc cleanup and with exta privlages i have tried diffrent command on cmd and i have no clue what to do please help me :...
  3. osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11: It randomly keeps happening recently and sometimes when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 osprivacy takes over 50% of my CPU and my whole game lags.What’s even more annoying is that when I try to browse the internet sometimes my whole computer lags crazy because of...
  4. osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    osprivacy svchost.exe taking up over 50% of CPU Windows 11: It randomly keeps happening recently and sometimes when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 osprivacy takes over 50% of my CPU and my whole game lags.What’s even more annoying is that when I try to browse the internet sometimes my whole computer lags crazy because of...
  5. Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU: Hey, I've had some problems with my computer recently. Specifically: -My computer runs at essentially "full capacity" at most times, with my CPU going at 100% whenever I am not checking on it through task manager, at which point the percentage drops suddenly, as if...
  6. Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory: Hello, I have a win 10 arcade cabinet running big box. Recently, its been running very slow. I went to the task manager and noticed the anti-malware executable is using 50-60% of memory resources. Cpu usage does not seem high, just ram. Ive googled until I can google no...
  7. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  8. Windows Audio Graph Isolation takes up 35% CPU all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation takes up 35% CPU all the time: I have studied all the forum entries (spent about 4 hours researching this). And most (all?) of the solutions involve disabling "Enhancements". I have done this which only applies to my headset After exhaustively trying to stop this problem I have not been able to correct...
  9. Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.: Dear community, 1 of the svhost processes takes up to 50% or more of my laptop cpu resulting that my laptop(gaming laptop) is heating up to fast. I know i can disable it everytime i start up my laptop but i don't find any info about this specific process. [ATTACH] the 50...
  10. Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage: Hello, I have this problem where after some hours of use (~3, for example) the windows explorer takes up 40-50% of the CPU causing major performance loss. I do not know what is causing this problem, as it does have to do with my activity, since when this happens I am not...