Windows 10: Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Discus and support Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I think I have tried everything, from simply turning off live protection, to deleting automated scans in the task scheduler, to adding a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DjWolffe_, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time 56eo5XqODLYqoUIayHxqmhKxAenT1Vpk3kevbDjR9zo.jpg

I think I have tried everything, from simply turning off live protection, to deleting automated scans in the task scheduler, to adding a entry called DisableAntiSpyware in the registry editor. I have checked for software updates and security updates. I have checked if it is a 'fake antivirus process'. Nothing will stop 'Antimalware Service Executable' from hogging 50% of my CPU. This is seriously starting to frustrate me. Sometimes, even when I have no other processes open, my fans will kick on just because of Antimalware Service Executable. I'm sick and tired of Windows Defender, I have been for a long time. It's a constant war - I download something, Windows Defender deletes it.

Please give me an answer to this. If you need any additional information please ask.

https://preview.redd.it/awdbg5z3x8j...bp&s=ff2addd4bd7bb52170d6b3b2ebf427524c7e1540

submitted by /u/DjWolffe_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DjWolffe_, Feb 23, 2021
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Feb 23, 2021
  3. KeiwaM Win User
    Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall restarts, resets, malware cleaning, added it to the exclusion list, changed the schedule. Every single fix online
    that I could find, I tried. None of them worked so as a last resort, I completely turned off Windows Defender as a whole. It is currently working just fine but the problem is that no windows aplication like store or even pictures will work without windows
    defender but I refuse to enable it as long as it takes 50% of my CPU. So here is the question:

Is there a way to stop this anti malware executable from taking 50% of my CPU (when idle, mind you) that I HAVENT tried.

If not

Is there a way to still use Pictures without WIndows Defender..

Honestly Microsoft, sort it out. This isn't exactly a new issue.

KeiwaM, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Cailerh Win User

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

Groove Music taking 50-60% of CPU in task manager

As the title says, while playing music the Groove Music in task manager is taking up 50-60% of my CPU. I doubt it is supposed to be this much does anyone have any suggestions?

Cailerh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time

1. Windows Defender taking up 50% CPU All the Time - Similar Threads - Defender taking 50%

2. Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU: Hey, I've had some problems with my computer recently. Specifically: -My computer runs at essentially "full capacity" at most times, with my CPU going at 100% whenever I am not checking on it through task manager, at which point the percentage drops suddenly, as if...
  3. Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory

Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory: Hello, I have a win 10 arcade cabinet running big box. Recently, its been running very slow. I went to the task manager and noticed the anti-malware executable is using 50-60% of memory resources. Cpu usage does not seem high, just ram. Ive googled until I can google no...
  4. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  5. windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time: But it doesnt run any scan! why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-service-is-using-20-of/92cb2c2a-2e73-47f5-9078-9682843265aa
  6. User taking up 50+ GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User taking up 50+ GB of storage: So me and my dad has a computer togheter, but we are struggeling a bit with space on our C drive. The thing is, if I look at the storage sense tab, my user only takes up 15GB of space while my dads user takes up 52 GB. Is there a reason for this? submitted by /u/Arre27...
  7. hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time: The driver HPZ12 takes up a lot of CPU time. How do I gain control of that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hpz12-takes-a-lot-of-cpu-time/091232a0-1d41-454a-a7a7-da5fadbe3b1b
  8. Windows Audio Graph Isolation takes up 35% CPU all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation takes up 35% CPU all the time: I have studied all the forum entries (spent about 4 hours researching this). And most (all?) of the solutions involve disabling "Enhancements". I have done this which only applies to my headset After exhaustively trying to stop this problem I have not been able to correct...
  9. Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Svchost.exe takes up to 50% of my cpu.: Dear community, 1 of the svhost processes takes up to 50% or more of my laptop cpu resulting that my laptop(gaming laptop) is heating up to fast. I know i can disable it everytime i start up my laptop but i don't find any info about this specific process. [ATTACH] the 50...
  10. Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage: Hello, I have this problem where after some hours of use (~3, for example) the windows explorer takes up 40-50% of the CPU causing major performance loss. I do not know what is causing this problem, as it does have to do with my activity, since when this happens I am not...