Windows 10: windows defender tamper protection

Discus and support windows defender tamper protection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lookfornitin, Apr 25, 2022.

1. windows defender tamper protection

Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted- checked if any work or school account is not associatedPlease advisethanks

:)

lookfornitin, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Crizal Win User

Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post.

Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper Protection.
    Here's the blow-by-blow.....

1. Friend and I were running 1809 and installed 1903 via Update Assistant on Tuesday, May 21st. No issues and Defender Tamper Protection was on (default setting).
    2. Two days later, the 23rd, friend gets alert that Tamper Protection is off. She turned it on and it seems to be holding.
    3. Today, I get the alert Tamper Protection is off and I turned it on. So far, it's holding.

I have no idea why Tamper Protection would turn off. Both computers are clean -- no viruses, trojans, malware or adware. We do not mess around in the registry and there is absolutely no third-party antivirus on either machine.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see if Tamper Protection turns off again. I don't know if it's a 1903 bug or not. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Crizal, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Pauly, *Smile

It is recommended to leave tamper protection turned on to help prevent Windows Defender from being turned off from anything or anywhere other than directly from Windows Security.

Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

Brink, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Crizal Win User

windows defender tamper protection

Friend and I updated to 1903 May 21st and the tamper protection alert (for her and me) happened before we got KB4497935 and KB4497165. She also got the antimalware platform update and tamper protection alert a few days before I did. According to an MS blog, antimalware platform updates are monthly. Could it be possible that it went in on your system behind-the-scenes while updating? -- presuming it's the cause of the alert. After turning tamper protection on, it has stayed on and the other two KB's haven't affected it.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...dows-defender/

Crizal, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

windows defender tamper protection

1. windows defender tamper protection - Similar Threads - defender tamper protection

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  4. Tamper Protection problem

Tamper Protection problem: in my Windows 11pro PC I noticed that Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator." I am unable to turn it on.1 no anti-virus/anti-malware 3rd party software is installed on the computer.2 This is my PC and I am the admin, it...
  5. windows defender tamper protection

windows defender tamper protection: Hi, i am logged into my windows 11 laptop as local adminthere is only one account set up but still can't switch off windows defender tamper protection. It says setting is managed by adminSo far i have taken following steps- updated all windows updates available and restarted-...
  6. Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Tamper Protection Gone: So you know the settings menu where you can turn on and off stuff like Cloud Protection, Real Time, and so on? Has a new update or whatever changed the menu? Tamper protection no longer is there, only Real Time, Cloud, and Sample Submission. submitted by /u/astronomygeek...
  7. Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tamper Protection: Any idea why my TP turned off randomly? submitted by /u/NikeESL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqnhxb/tamper_protection/
  8. Defender Tamper Protection/1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Tamper Protection/1903: Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post. Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper...
  9. New Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP for Windows 10: We are committed to making our solutions resistant to attacks and continuously working towards raising the bar in security. In this blog we’re covering a key feature of our tampering protection strategies, which build on our previously announced Windows Defender Antivirus...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...