Windows 10: Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

Discus and support Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe. The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). The second is "-Scan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wallytek, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Wallytek Win User

Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe.
    The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes).
    The second is "-Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanType 2" (without the quotes).
    I can't seem to find anything on the -ScheduleJob parameter.
    Can someone tell me about the -ScheduleJob parameter?
    Also, which of the two arguments is correct?

Wally

:)

Wallytek, Feb 7, 2016

2. Scheduling offline scan

I'm trying to set up an offline scan schedule with task scheduler in Windows Defender. Can anyone tell me what the argument is for an offline scan?

TomPalmer1, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Kol-12 Win User
    Manage internet data usage and Windows updates in Windows 10

Hi Tryx3,

I've followed your instructions for setting Windows Defender as a scheduled task with task scheduler. I've set it to perform the task every 1 hour of the day. When the scheduled time is triggered Windows Defender opens but it doesn't update the definitions.

Why can Windows Defender not update without doing a quick scan? I didn't set the -UpdateandQuickScan -hide Argument so maybe that's why it's not working?

I'm using a metered ethernet connection using the registry modification.

Kol-12, Feb 7, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, Feb 7, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Wallytek Win User
    Thanks for the info.

Wally

Wallytek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments - Similar Threads - Defender Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler Message "One or more of the specified arguments are not valid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Message "One or more of the specified arguments are not valid": Seriously, it's really like dealing with a retarded five-year-old child sometimes.In what universe are "one or more of the specified arguments are not valid" when I change the time with which a BAT file is executed?I set it up to execute every day at 5pm, having changed this...
  3. Task Scheduler Message "One or more of the specified arguments are not valid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Message "One or more of the specified arguments are not valid": Seriously, it's really like dealing with a retarded five-year-old child sometimes.In what universe are "one or more of the specified arguments are not valid" when I change the time with which a BAT file is executed?I set it up to execute every day at 5pm, having changed this...
  4. Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments: Hello, I'm using Task Scheduler to play a specific song every day at a certain time. That works fine. Challenge is that I want the song to play on repeat. I already set Windows media player to repeat though Task Scheduler plays it once and that's it. Questions: 1 Is...
  5. Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.: In the Add arguments(optional): Can I pass two tasks to perform? add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t...
  6. task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler: wrong time of action activation: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...
  7. Actions in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Actions in Task Scheduler: I have two Scheduled tasks whose actions start the same program, but with different parameters. If these two program instances happen to get scheduled at more or less the same time, then one will wait for the other to finish. But it seems to me that sometimes the one...
  8. Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.: Hello Community! I'm trying to get BBC iPlayer downloads to start automagically at 2100 so that it can start downloading Doctor Who. I'd like it to start minimized, but I am unsure how to do so. In addition to this, does anyone know if there is a list somewhere with all...
  9. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...
  10. Task Scheduler Error: One or more specified arguments not valid

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Error: One or more specified arguments not valid: What is wrong with Task Scheduler on Windows 10? Here is where I add my task: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 33416

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

2. windows defender scheduled task arguments

3. windows defender task scheduler arguments