Windows 10: windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

Discus and support windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so long story short i 1st went into 2004 back on 16th of last month all 4 tasks when you go into a new version will always get reset no task run now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonSummey, Jul 26, 2020.

1. windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

so long story short i 1st went into 2004 back on 16th of last month all 4 tasks when you go into a new version will always get reset no task run

now on 3rd day verification scan runs and afterwards windows defender cache windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler scan should start to scan by system also if restart computer leave idol all 4 should scan<-i know was working 1909

so i stayed in 2004 1st time around up to 23rd only verification task ran and not 3 they still stayed on last run 11/30/99

i stayed 1 week and then i rollback into 1909 of course staying in 1909 yes all 4 task ran but wasn't getting any updates because windows updates still had windows feature update 2004 avaiable to upgrade

anyways i stayed rest of month in 1909 and then i thought well maybe its time to roll back into 2004 perhaps the task scheduler will eventually run and work all 3 task will run besides verification ran so i did back on july 14<-2nd time around going into 2004

i vow to at least stay longer then a week well this time for some strange reason on 20th the cleanup ran only once but not cache and scheduler scan yet verification scan runs everyday

here's the thing because i stayed longer this month then last month more then 10 days i'm stuck on windows 2004 cannot roll back at all

i have come to the conclusion that windows 2004 broke windows defender task scheduler when running by system which i don't like since i never had this issue before when i went into every windows updates in the past so this is 1st time happened

i have never scheduler a windows defender task before do i have to start doing this i was a thinking if i run the ones that haven't ran yet if they will start to run in a few days or not i don't know

i don't know if anybody else having this issue with task scheduler in windows defender the 3 tasks no longer works except verification scan that runs everyday which used to work 1909 or what

perhaps in aug next updates will fixed this issue that i'm having very disappointed with microsoft

i thought when i went 2nd time around after cleanup ran the other 2 tasks will follow but they they did and cleanup only ran once

:)

JasonSummey, Jul 26, 2020
  2. BirdmanC4 Win User

Windows Defender Task Schedule/Triggers

[Moved from Windows 10]

Hi everyone. Im having a problem with windows defender task schedule. I have set triggers for the 4 processes under windows defender in task schedule, and then I deleted the triggers. What I noticed the next day is: windows defender performed a scheduled
    scan twice. The first time at 8:30 AM. When I checked task schedule after the first scan only the scheduled scan was completed. The other 3 processes which includes (windows defender cache maintenance, windows defender cleanup and windows defender verification)
    did not start as yet. Then after about 2 hours I checked windows defender and it says: last scan: Today at 11:30 AM. I was confused because it already performed a scan today. So I went and checked task schedule and saw that all 4 processes were completed at
    11:30 AM. So why did It perform the first scan any way? Do you think the trigger I created and then deleted corrupted some of the files there? Or is this behavior normal? Also before I created the triggers for all 4 processes I saw that there were no authors
    listed for them. Since I created the triggers I noticed my username and CPU name would show up under author for each process. Now that I deleted all 4 triggers I still see my username and CPU name listed for each process. Is this normal?
    windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice 89d71a04-a7dc-4124-b3be-ff4ba3134bf0.png

BirdmanC4, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Essie_G Win User
    Tasks Scheduler is Missing Windows Defender Tasks

Hi .....Windows Defender is no longer soing regular scans...I went to try add a task but found that Task Scheduler does not have any tasks for Windows Defender. ..I followed all the steps in this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security-winpc/tasks-scheduler-is-missing-windows-defender-tasks/6881117d-92cd-408a-86d6-16ee15628e88
    without any success

How can I resolve this please

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

Essie_G, Jul 26, 2020
  4. y2jman Win User

windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

windows defender scheduler taks not running in windows update 2004?

well I asked in welcome form nobody saying anything yet so I guess this is form where I talk

i have last few days chatted with Microsoft agent not sure what to do maybe they will run today or not

I need help maybe somebody can share if they are having same issue or not my concern about windows defender task scheduler 1st 3 task: windows defender maintenance windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler scan not ran since I updated tues from 1909 to 2004 the verification scan ran thurs but the other 3 still saying 11/30/99 this task has not ran a scan yet

freakin out i had try to restart computer yesterday left computer idle thinking still will start to scan haven't i was told in

chat last night they will run sometime today

every time i go into a new windows update all 4 task gets reset then verification runs 1 day then i think the next day or so the other 3 tasks runs also whenever i restart computer if they 1 day reset itself or not working i restart and they eventually run so again not sure bug within windows 2004 that is making not run i do recall after i install windows 2004 on blue screen there was few boxes like location for an example to checkmark and i didn't checkmark any boxes i just hit continue or skip this part then i log in

the last scan windows defender scan was 14th when I was still on 1909 btw unless I do a manual scan i'm sure I might get that yellow triangle error in windows defender saying this hasn't scan like I did in the past

can somebody please look in their windows defender task scheduler and tell me if the 3 other task has ran or not since going into 2004

perhaps i should had checkmark 1 of boxes or if i need to roll back to 1909 since were working

y2jman, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

1. windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice - Similar Threads - defender task scheduler

2. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  3. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  4. Windows Defender scheduled tasks on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scheduled tasks on Windows 10 Home: Good Saturday morningI'm finally getting around to "attempting" to understanding how Virus and Malware protection actually works on my Windows 10 Home laptop.I currently have Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender enabled.Win 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110I have a number...
  5. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  6. Task scheduler broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler broken: I've tried the few fixes I could find on why there is no library in my task scheduler. I can maybe find 3 Google results about my problem so coming here is really my only option. When I open task scheduler the library on the left simply isn't there. I've tried Sfc and Dism...
  7. upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans: trying to figure something out whenever a person goes into a new windows feature update version the windows defender task scheduler on my end reverts to 11/30/99 now yesterday the 4th task windows defender verification ran and i'm trying to figure out when will other 3 tasks...
  8. Windows 10 Task Scheduler is Broken

Windows 10 Task Scheduler is Broken: Since running the last Windows Updates the Task Scheduler is no longer able to save changes to any existing or new Tasks. When I make any change to the existing tasks it asks for the User ID and Password to save changes but no matter what I put in or what user account I...
  9. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments: I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe. The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). The second is "-Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). I can't seem to find anything on the -ScheduleJob parameter. Can someone tell me...
  10. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...