Windows 10: Windows Defender + third party protection

Discus and support Windows Defender + third party protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows Defender + third party protection

Hello

Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed?

I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

Did you follow the steps recommended in Solutions

How about the steps recommended at Uninstall Bitdefender

Try running the removal tools for any security program that you previously used on the computer and be sure to reboot after using each tool. See
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For further detailed information suggest you review the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

“The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection,
    it is disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows
    Defender will be turned off
    (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain
    disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled
    . In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be activated if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message
    indicating your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

If that is not the case in your situation, check to make sure the Windows Defender service
    is started

Sometimes it may take a couple of computer reboots after performing the above steps to ensure Windows Defender is up and running properly.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or - - -

There are a number of viable antivirus options available for Windows 10 – free or paid - take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Is Windows Defender The
    Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

Regards...

Le Boule, Jun 13, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?

That is a much saner approach, Thank you. Disemboweling Defender simply bothered me.

I agree.

f14tomcat, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender + third party protection

real time protection in window defender

The behavior you are describing may occur if there are remnants of a third party antivirus program installed.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a restart of the computer? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in this thread: Windows Defender

If the issue continues recommend you follow the steps suggested in
    Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender + third party protection

1. Windows Defender + third party protection - Similar Threads - Defender third party

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  5. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  6. Third-party antivirus and Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  7. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  8. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...
  9. how to protect pc without a third party app

how to protect pc without a third party app: how protect pc from hacking malware and trojans does Microsoft antivirus for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-protect-pc-without-a-third-party-app/f4910282-9a0d-4e1a-8e71-4f96aa8834f8"
  10. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...