Windows 10: Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Discus and support Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Doesn't look like MS is on a daily publishing schedule. Just checked and this is my last update. [img] Maybe there's less risk these days? Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Doesn't look like MS is on a daily publishing schedule. Just checked and this is my last update.

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? [​IMG]

Maybe there's less risk these days?

Wiley Coyote, Jun 10, 2017
  2. BRU
    bru Win User

I doubt it. To have not updated in more then 36 hours isn't right.

3. Pretty much my thoughts too. Still no change through either the Defender "Check for updates" or Windows Update "Check for updates". Hoping someone else will have either the same thing to report, or that they've received later updates.

My history with updates has my paranoia showing. AGAIN!

4. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Still no change. Has ANYONE got a later Definitions update than the one I'm showing from Friday night?

5. Dencibo Win User
    Dencibo, Jun 10, 2017
  6. I've got the same Version. But it's date/time stamped 8:31:27 PM: Friday, June 9, 2017

7. your not being paranoid- i checked both my PC (running 1703) and my Dads netbook (running 1607) and neither has received an update today and there's no error messages. I went through a similar paranoia about it a few months ago over a weekend but on the following Monday a update came through so its probably on MS's end and not yours since 2 of our PC's running 2 different version of 10 haven't received one

shadowblade, Jun 10, 2017
  8. BRU
    bru Win User

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

They took the weekend off. Plenty of posts about it all over the interwebs. But it is what it is. We are being "protected" by a soon to be two day old definition. Perfect opportunity for someone nefarious.

9. try checking now- just downloaded a fresh definition

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? [​IMG]

shadowblade, Jun 11, 2017
  10. BRU
    bru Win User
    Mine updated on its own. It is Monday in some parts of the world. Back to work for the Definition issuers.

11. Dencibo Win User
    Mine didn't download through Windows Update for some reason (I have it set to notify and not download automatically). It updated on its own.

Dencibo, Jun 11, 2017
  12. Just got in here and it's updated in the night. We're good to go.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

1. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? - Similar Threads - Defender Threat Definitions

2. Windows Defender Definitions not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Definitions not Updating: Hi All, I've got a PC in an SCCM environment which is not updating the Windows Defender definitions, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in Administrator CMD and is coming back with error code 0x800f0954. Incase you also need to know this is on Windows 10 version...
  3. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  4. Threat Definition Updates

Threat Definition Updates: Manually checking for updates does not complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-definition-updates/4fc4be50-19a4-4403-89d4-6a1a25c03ad1"
  5. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  6. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  7. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  9. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how often do windows defender threat definitions get updated

2. windows defender threat definition update