Windows 10: Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found

Discus and support Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a program and got infected with Trojan:Win32/Conteban.B!ml When Windows Defender alerted me, i deleted the folder that was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hua Goh, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hua Goh Win User

Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found

Hello,

I downloaded a program and got infected with Trojan:Win32/Conteban.B!ml

When Windows Defender alerted me, i deleted the folder that was downloaded and emptied my recycle bin.

Since then, i have re-scanned my computer a few times and it always shows "1 threat found"

Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found 81e1e0ec-5947-4eaa-9223-f6b7aeca17e1?upload=true.png

Protection history shows the threat but theres only an "allow" option. Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found c1671ad3-ac5c-44c7-ac92-57ad2857757e?upload=true.jpg

I did a malwarebytes scan and it came out clean.

Does this mean it's still in my computer?

:)

Hua Goh, Jan 14, 2020
  2. gagagaON Win User

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not
    report any threat.

However, under defender's threat history, allowed items, I see this threat listed. I do NOT want to allow the threat, just wanted to find out if the latest definitions would still reported the file as a threat. How should I do that? Thank you. I am using
    windows 10.

gagagaON, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found

Defender wont remove the threats

I ran Windows Defender full scan which took over 15 hours to completed. It indicates that there are 20 threats which I want to remove. However Windows Defender gets stuck and does not remove any of them. It has been running for over 20 hours and nothing.
    What can I do to remove these threats.

Thanks

MarinaL_64, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found

1. Windows defender threat "removed or restored" but still comes up as 1 threat found - Similar Threads - defender threat removed

2. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  3. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored): Hey, My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. Am I correct? This...
  4. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...
  5. Windows defender threats found and available actions

Windows defender threats found and available actions: I did a full system scan with windows defender and it found threats. My question is with the available actions, i'm not sure what each one does exactly and want to make sure I choose the right one. My options Clean threat quarantine remove allow on device What do...
  6. PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found

PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found: Hi All Windows Defender Shows Threats Found -7438 after a full scan, not sure if false positive or not, i have check with Malicious Software Removal tool--Nothing, ADW Cleaner (again nothing), Malwarebytes Full scan nothing. 121152
  7. Windows Defender Stuck while removing "Threat"

Windows Defender Stuck while removing "Threat": It discovered a thread which isn't a real threat. Now it is stuck for an hour trying to removing it, while it is not progressing at all and at the same time it wastes 25% of my CPU constantly. I can't terminate the process either, not even as administrator. The only thing I...
  8. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...
  9. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....
  10. Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat

Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat: I scanned my PC's with this Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free Virus Scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner The scan found a lot of malware and removed all but three items - severe - and i read that Windows Defender would complete the job/remove the malware. the three...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows threat removed or restored