Windows 10: Windows Defender turned off because it can't update

Discus and support Windows Defender turned off because it can't update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey folks, Antivirus on my Surface Pro 7 is turned off because Windows defender is unable to get the latest update. I am getting an error when trying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tom Bruno Real, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows Defender turned off because it can't update

Hey folks,

Antivirus on my Surface Pro 7 is turned off because Windows defender is unable to get the latest update. I am getting an error when trying to update Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.458.0 -Error 0x80070643.

I don't know if my data is safe given this issue, and I wish I just bought a MacBook given the cost of a Surface Pro 7. I wouldn't have to worry about antiviruses with a MacBook.

I wonder if this is a shared problem with other folks in this community.

Regards,

Tom.

* Original title; Why I regret buying a Surface 7

:)

Tom Bruno Real, Feb 8, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 8, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows Defender turned off because it can't update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender turned off because it can't update

1. Windows Defender turned off because it can't update - Similar Threads - Defender turned off

2. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on: I had to turn off Windows Defender so I used gpedit.msc to do this, but now I have no idea how to make it work again. When I open Defender it just shows almost blank interface. If I can open Defender including some more utilities, they just don't work, e.g.: Quick checking...
  3. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on: I had to turn off Windows Defender so I used gpedit.msc to do this, but now I have no idea how to make it work again. When I open Defender it just shows almost blank interface. If I can open Defender including some more utilities, they just don't work, e.g.: Quick checking...
  4. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I Can't Turn Off My Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Can't Turn Off My Windows Defender: My Windows Defender keep running when i already turned it off with registry editor. I want to install third party application but windows keep uninstalling my application and i already try many ways to keep my windows defender not running and have third party AV to try to...
  6. Can't turn on bluetooth because of missing button turn on/off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't turn on bluetooth because of missing button turn on/off: So I had some trouble after using Bluetooth to connect with my airpods for 2 weekswithout trouble , now suddenly my pc has some lag and I decided to restart it. When I did, the Bluetooth icon went gone and as I open the Bluetooth setting , I can't find the Turn off/Turn on...
  7. Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this...

Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this...: Windows Defender is off because off an existing AV program. I'm supposed to turn off this existing program. Where do i find this program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-off-because-off-an-existing-av/fee36eda-8e70-4291-b0c9-5548c9872c5d
  8. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  9. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  10. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.: Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender/13a2ef85-05bd-4bef-8c77-923e1e371852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. et 4760 setup error unable to connect to sersver