Windows 10: Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer

Discus and support Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Registry Key DWORD:00000001 can not change to 0.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidBriggs6, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer

Registry Key DWORD:00000001 can not change to 0.

:)

DavidBriggs6, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Rootkit Revealer

Hi Jeff,

The Rootkit Revealer tool is already obsolete and it was originally designed for Windows XP and Server 2003. Microsoft has a scan tool, Microsoft Safety Scanner, that is designed to find and remove malware from Windows computers. For more information about
    the Microsoft Safety Scanner, you can check this
    link

For questions about Rootkit Revealer, we suggest that you visit the
    Sysinternals RootkitRevealer Forum
    for further assistance.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Rootkit Revealer

FYI...These are a few other of the easier and safer ARKS for novice users:

-- Note:
    Malwarebytes
    uses a proprietary low level driver similar to some anti-rootkit (ARK) scanners to locate hidden files and
    special techniques which enable it to detect a wide spectrum of threats including active rootkits,

zero-day malware
    and malware in the wild. The anti-rootkit technology in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x/3.x is identical to that of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (mbar).
    SUPERAntiSpyware Free offers technology to deal with rootkit infections as well. Both of these scanners are easy enough for any novice to safely
    use.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer

Rootkit Revealer

I am currently re-reading a 2012 copy of a CompTIA Security+ textbook I still have from a degree program I graduated from.

I came across a referral to Microsofts Rootkit Revealer program.

According to a Wikipedia about it, it is no longer being developed.

My question is: Is there another program that took it's place?

JeffWohnsiedler1, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer

1. Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer - Similar Threads - Defender turned off

2. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  3. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  4. windows defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  5. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  6. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  7. Windows Defender will not turn off

Windows Defender will not turn off: I see in forums everywhere that when third party anti-malware software is installed and run that Windows Defender turns itself off. But it doesn't with Malware Bytes. Why not? How can I permanently disable Defender while Malware Bytes is installed? Thanks in advance!...
  8. window defender turned off

window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  9. WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF

WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF: I NEED HELP FROM THE SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO HELP ME TURN ON MY WINDOW DEFENDER THROUGH GROUP POLICY THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-is-turn-off/35198a9c-39b1-4fa2-9011-2e3918aa76cd
  10. Windows Defender for Win10 v1709 and Rootkits?

Windows Defender for Win10 v1709 and Rootkits?: In the latest Fall Creators Update, does Windows Defender have the ability to scan for Rootkits which are hidden during boot time? 101164