Windows 10: Windows Defender unable to download updates.

Discus and support Windows Defender unable to download updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to update in Windows Defender receive message to contact Help and Support. Error Code 2145124330. I have Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanDeurloo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Windows Defender unable to download updates.

When trying to update in Windows Defender receive message to contact Help and Support. Error Code 2145124330. I have Windows 10.

:)

JoanDeurloo, Nov 25, 2018

2. Windows Defender unable to download updates

Hello Daniels,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know a few more details on the below questions.

1. Is the status of the Windows Defender active?

2. Did you check if there was any recent update already installed for Windows Defender?

Now, refer to the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Unable to update neither the Defender nor the Windows.

Since last few days, I am unable to download / update either the Windows updates or the Defender. Windows updates are stuck at 7% and never go further nor give message. Big list of updates can be seen in update settings.

For defender update, download goes on for a long time but does not proceed to completion and then gives message to check net connection. Net is working fine. I have run the command for scan and no errors were found. What do I do? Pl answer in simple steps.
    (not highly technical).

DeviprakashSeksaria, Nov 25, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Defender unable to download updates.

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender unable to download updates.

1. Windows Defender unable to download updates. - Similar Threads - Defender unable download

2. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  3. Unable to download "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I have been trying to install the following update for Windows 10 Pro for last 3 days but no success. Downloading to this update stuck on 0%.Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.381.1623.0I tried to reset Windows updates, don't...
  4. unable to update defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to update defender: hi,we are having issues in updating defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-update-defender/d0a114d9-f60e-40ee-92fe-75b9cf69ff84
  5. Windows defender unable to update

Windows defender unable to update: Hi everone i am using windows 10 profession and dell 7510 core i7 laptop i am trying to upgrade defender it shows pending to install but automaticall it closes it is unable install is there anyother way...
  6. Unable to update windows, unable to start windows defender.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows, unable to start windows defender.: So here is the story. My computer was infected with a virus. It disabled my ability update windows or use windows defender. I installed Malware bytes and was able to remove the virus. The problem is I still can't update windows or use defender. I have read so many fix actions...
  7. Unable to Update Windows Defender

Unable to Update Windows Defender: virus and spyware definitions cannot be updated [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/unable-to-update-windows-defender/282e8f47-0f3d-4a97-a90c-0b9d024a0b35
  8. Unable to update windows defender

Unable to update windows defender: Unable to update Windows defender. Kept coming up with the message Erro Code 0x80004004 'The definition updates could not be installed Any suggestions please...
  9. downloading updates for windows defender

downloading updates for windows defender: i tried to download updates but it keeps responding,"updates could not be installed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/downloading-updates-for-windows-defender/a4ac0a4b-a978-4331-9384-b653463711be
  10. downloading updates for windows defender

downloading updates for windows defender: i tried to download updates, but it keeps responding,"updates could not be installed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/downloading-updates-for-windows-defender/04b93e05-6f1e-4ac9-a8a0-5a1d07c0cff0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 unable to update defender