Windows 10: Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

Discus and support Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Team, I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates for Windows Defender. Windows Defender suddenly showing a message Threats Found. When I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 000055555, Dec 10, 2020.

1. 000055555 Win User

Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

Dear Team,

I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates for Windows Defender. Windows Defender suddenly showing a message Threats Found. When I am opening the defender it is showing the virus name as Trojan: Win 32/Detplock virus. I am trying to remove it from the defender. It is getting removed but the message is still showing in regular intervals. Please help.

:)

000055555, Dec 10, 2020

2. Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

Dear Team,

I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates for Windows Defender. Windows Defender suddenly showing a message Threats Found. When I am opening the defender it is showing the virus name as Trojan: Win 32/Detplock virus. I am trying to remove it from
    the defender. It is getting removed but the message is still showing in regular intervals. Please help.

Regards,

Pallabi Mitra

PallabiMitra, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds...opedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Detplock Not
    much information about this malware detection. Defender should quarantine the malware file and render it harmless.

Any new browser extensions or programs in startup that need to be disabled/removed?

Suggest empty temporary internet files, restart the computer, manually update Defender to get the latest definitions and run a Quick Scan with Windows Defender.

You may want to reset your browsers.

Reset Internet Explorer to default settings (Step-by-Step Guide)

Reset Google Chrome to default settings (Complete Guide)

Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings (Step-by-Step Guide)

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

If the detection continues tell us the complete path to the malware file that shows in Defender’s “history.”

You might want to send a copy of the file to Virus Total for analysis: https://www.virustotal.com/

Also suggest you run two or more of the following scanners: List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Please advise further in this thread if you cannot resolve this issue.

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

So the detection is still occurring after you reset your browsers?

Reposting - - -

If the detection continues tell us the complete path to the malware file that shows in Defender’s “history.” What is the path to the malware file? We’d like to know the exact location of the
    file.

You might want to send a copy of the file to Virus Total for analysis: https://www.virustotal.com/ What
    were the results from Virus Total? What other antivirus programs detected malware in the file – perhaps you need to use one of those scanners on your computer? And - if other scanners did not detect malware in the file then this might be a false detection.

Also suggest you run two or more of the following scanners: List
    of Malware Removal Tools
    What scanners did you run?

Le Boule, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus - Similar Threads - Defender Unable Remove

2. Virus Trojan win32 vindor!pz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Trojan win32 vindor!pz: Today I got a warning from Windows defender telling me that I have a trojan virus called "win32 vindor!pz", I tried to remove it with Windows defender but it did not work, and I keep doing scans and it keeps telling me that I have this virus, please I need help, how can I...
  3. Virus Trojan win32 vindor!pz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Trojan win32 vindor!pz: Today I got a warning from Windows defender telling me that I have a trojan virus called "win32 vindor!pz", I tried to remove it with Windows defender but it did not work, and I keep doing scans and it keeps telling me that I have this virus, please I need help, how can I...
  4. Virus Trojan win32 vindor!pz

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows defender : Trojan - Win32/Redline.CAH!MTB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender : Trojan - Win32/Redline.CAH!MTB: It shows up in microsoft defender and when I select remove from device it asks me to do quick scan. When the quick scan almost ends it gets stuck.What is this trojan? how to remove it please help...
  6. Windows defender : Trojan - Win32/Redline.CAH!MTB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender : Trojan - Win32/Redline.CAH!MTB: It shows up in microsoft defender and when I select remove from device it asks me to do quick scan. When the quick scan almost ends it gets stuck.What is this trojan? how to remove it please help...
  7. Removing a Trojan Virus

Removing a Trojan Virus: Guys please help me i dont know how to remove it and i think it is a Trojan Virus and it says it is severe[Original Title: Trojan Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/removing-a-trojan-virus/29d9a1a4-d649-4caf-9c49-bba2fb734b9b
  8. Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...: I recently got a Trojan virus from a website I clicked accidentally. Then a windows defender notification popped up, so I removed the Trojan virus that was in form of a cache. Will there a possibility of the Trojan virus still being there? I scanned windows defender multiple...
  9. Win32 virus cannot be removed by Windows defender, it causes BSoD

Win32 virus cannot be removed by Windows defender, it causes BSoD: [IMG] As you can see, Defender shows that I have a win32 virus! but I cannot do anything about it, cannot remove it using defender neither manually. I tried to use another antivirus, but that virus makes my laptop really slow and unresponsive, a minute or two after windows...
  10. Windows defender trojan virus..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender trojan virus..: I kind of accidently installed a virus called Trojan Splitgate which thankfully windows defender recognises and stops but it must have a way to keep itself running because defender stops it every 10 mins. Is there any way to figure out the source of the virus like using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trojan:win32/detplock shows up after quarantine