Windows 10: Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products.

Discus and support Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can only imagine this is related to a Windows recent update. I've been doing everything I can to keep up with all the errors in the Event Viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilBertD, Jan 4, 2019.

1. PhilBertD Win User

Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products.

I can only imagine this is related to a Windows recent update.

I've been doing everything I can to keep up with all the errors in the Event Viewer but everytime I download and install a new Adobe product it hiccups again. While this was troublesome I was dealing with it as I could. Recently it cost me money because it interrupted a one time installation and the Adobe key no longer works. Please help me its now hitting my wallet.

Below are all the programs that caused the Defender issues:

Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products. cf73d63c-34f4-4e6c-88f6-3be47d91c769?upload=true.jpg

Im running Windows 10 Home edition. have an x64 based system

Again I had no problems with any of this until a recent update. version 1803 was successfully installed on 5/23/2018

2018-19 was successfully installed on 12/20 18. I also noted over 5 updates for Adobe Flash Player.

I saw some input with regard to programs installed directly by the user. I am the only "user" except for Administrator.

The only thing I could come up with was Adobe file locations. Some are in x86 Programs and the rest are in Programs as noted below:

x86 Programs:

Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products. 6cd9a885-f5ee-4671-bf94-ce79fd841ac3?upload=true.jpg

Programs:

Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products. 533e2a28-7aab-41f8-bad5-a1eadf775077?upload=true.jpg

I dont know where to go with this any longer. Again this is a recent issue, never had a problem with any installations until 2018.

:)

PhilBertD, Jan 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 4, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 4, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender update causing many installation errors especially for Adobe Products. - Similar Threads - Defender update causing

2. Latest Windows 10 update cause Adobe InDesign and other products to start loading and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update cause Adobe InDesign and other products to start loading and...: I updated my Windows 10 on 6/9/2021 to OS Builds 19041.1052, 19042.1052, and 19043.1052. Ever since I installed this update my Adobe software has been running very slowly. When I say slowly, it takes probably 10 times longer to open the Adobe splash screen for InDesign. I...
  3. update KB4586878 seems to be causing many memory errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update KB4586878 seems to be causing many memory errors: Hi, So I'm still investigating on my side if the latest update really is the problem, but since I updated my windows yesterday pm I kept getting crashes in game playing Magic The Gathering Arena. Well, since this game is not related to Windows, I just decided to uninstall...
  4. Windows Defender Update Causes Security Update Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Update Causes Security Update Error: Wondering if it's just me, or if this is just the way this particular update works. It happens every time there's a Windows Defender update (seems to be once a month). The Defender update and the Definitions update seem to start at exactly the same time. The Defender update...
  5. Windows Defender Update Causes Security Update Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Update Causes Security Update Error: Wondering if it's just me, or if this is just the way this particular update works. It happens every time there's a Windows Defender update (seems to be once a month). The Defender update and the Definitions update seem to start at exactly the same time. The Defender update...
  6. Update Causing Problems With Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Causing Problems With Windows Defender: Just read this on Google News. Luckly mine hadn't updated and I put it on a hold for 7 days. Security Intelligence 1.313.1638.0. Microsoft has just broken Windows 10’s antivirus protection – apply this fix straight away | TechRadar - - - Updated - - - Already replaced with...
  7. Mixed language in many places, especially Settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mixed language in many places, especially Settings Windows 10: Hi there, I got my Window 10 upgraded from Windows 7 with the default language German. I have been trying to set the OS language to English but failed. There has been mixed language all over... I think some of my install programs got confused to find the right path since...
  8. The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates? A screenshot is attached ......
  9. Windows Defender is blocking apps and update (Adobe Lightroom)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is blocking apps and update (Adobe Lightroom): Exit Code: 156 -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.5.0.1186149...
  10. Adobe Air installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Air installation error: I have been trying for a long time now to update Adobe Air but I keep getting this error: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." I am the administrator. Every thing I find...