Windows 10: Windows defender update crashing computer

Discus and support Windows defender update crashing computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop and when the new defender update came around on the 4 everything was fine, but then my laptop crashed saying it was an error with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SilasKlassen, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows defender update crashing computer

I have a laptop and when the new defender update came around on the 4 everything was fine, but then my laptop crashed saying it was an error with the update and i get black screened befor i can even log in. Is there a fix? Or one coming soon?

:)

SilasKlassen, May 5, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 5, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows defender update crashing computer

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender update crashing computer

1. Windows defender update crashing computer - Similar Threads - defender update crashing

2. Windows Defender Crashes Repeatedly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Crashes Repeatedly: Hi, So I have Kali Linux iso file which I use in VMWare and after I ran a Full Scan using Windows Defender, it flagged almost everything in that kali iso and now whenever I open the defender it crashes. I deleted the iso file and it is still not working. I have a Windows...
  3. FIX for currently crashing Defender Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FIX for currently crashing Defender Update: There is currently an update out that seems to cause Defender to crash "randomly". Looking through the Event-Viewer seems to point at files that have a double-dot for their file-extension. For example: "filename..txt" As discovered by u/Aydrian74 here: r/Windows 10 Thread...
  4. Windows update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update crashed my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer gives me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off the PC. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I I need to fix this soon, I have homework to do and I don't care if that means delete my files...
  5. windows defender app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender app crashes: windows defender app crashes when you try to look at protection history. It starts up begins to display and the app goes away. I am all updated to the latest version at the time of this post. Everything else is running normally. Here is a status report of the APP. Thank you...
  6. windows updated crashed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows updated crashed my computer: It won't boot, there are no restore points, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-crashed-my-computer/7fe184b6-aa45-4924-aca3-aefcac9ac974
  7. windows 10 update crashes computer

windows 10 update crashes computer: On 08/03/2018 I downloaded Win 10 update which would completely download keep freezing at 56% complete. After numerous attempts as suggested by MS community, I reverted to the factory settings. This move removed all my drivers & I am unable to load with either the DVD...
  8. Windows update is crashing my computer

Windows update is crashing my computer: Every time my computer does a windows update, my computer monitor screen goes black and I can't get it back up. I'm assuming it's doing a reboot and goes to sleep, but don't know because the monitor goes black and won't come back up. I have to turn my computer off and back...
  9. windows 10 update crashed computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update crashed computer: My windows 10 was driving me crazy trying & failing to update. I tried to stop auto update , but couldn't. Finally I went to Microsoft and downloaded the correct update. It downloaded for a long time and when activated later, it updated for over an hour. It then went to a...
  10. Starting computer and Defender update

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting computer and Defender update: Hello,Recently two problems 'arrived'.1. On starting the computer, after desktop and all icons and system loaded, get a message about "Class not registered", as on attached screenshot. I click on ok, it gone, and everything is fine.2. Updating definitions in windows defender:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender is crashing in windows 10 after update

2. windows defender updates always crash computer