Windows 10: Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert

Discus and support Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have updated two computers to version 1903 on Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade is complete, the Windows Defender Update gets stuck at 99%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JD55403, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JD55403 Win User

Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert

Hello,

I have updated two computers to version 1903 on Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade is complete, the Windows Defender Update gets stuck at 99%. At the same time, the firewall sends a notification that is blocking a virus called Aiis-6803892-0 from the download IP address to the computer IP address. The update will not complete.

Restarting the computer does nothing as the same issue just re-occurs. No other updates will run either.

Can anyone assist?

:)

JD55403, Jul 16, 2019

2. How to configure router firewall to allow Windows Defender to update virus definition?

Windows 10 version 1607 and 1703. My firewall is Fortigate 60E.

To configure firewall policy to allow Windows Defender to update virus definition, I need the following information:

1. List of URLs / domain names / IP addresses used by the update server.

2. Port numbers used by Windows Defender to check and download updates.

CSH1471199, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert - Similar Threads - Defender Update Stuck

2. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  3. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  4. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  6. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  7. windows update stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update stuck at 99%: hello there Microsoft community I was on my PC when I realized I had to update my PC to the version 20H2 October 2020 update I went to settings and I updated it but i realized it was stuck on 99% i have waited for 6 hours now and still no hope [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert: I got a Windows Security Alert Saying Windows Defender Firewallhas blocked some features of Google Chrome on all public private networks. Name: Google Chrome Says: This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type. Allow Google Chrome to...
  9. Windows update stuck on 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update stuck on 99%: There is a problem in my windows update as I have downloaded the update from the windows update assistant last night and it continued to install, and I left overnight and let it install. When I saw in the morning it was stuck on 99% and till now it is stuck at 99% and is not...
  10. Windows update stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck at 99%: Hi I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it showed that there are a few updates, it downloads all of them except the last one - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender update stuck 99%

2. windows defender update stuck at 99%

3. defender update stuck at 99%

4. windows defender definition stuck 99%,
  5. windows 10 defender download stuck at 99%