Windows 10: Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

Discus and support Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Morning For the last 3 weeks I for some reason can't update windows Defender. It's stuck on downloading. Definition Update for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PierreCoetzee1, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

Good Morning

For the last 3 weeks I for some reason can't update windows Defender. It's stuck on downloading.

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.275.1086.0)

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.652.0)

Once the update doesn't work I get the following error message:

Error 0x80070003 while downloading update for Windows Defender.

I've tried everything also methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try below given method if issue persist.

Method 2:

If issue persist I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net stop bits
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop appidsvc
      • net stop cryptsvc
    • Rename the softare distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
      • Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    • Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net start bits
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start appidsvc
      • net start cryptsvc
    • Restart your PC and check if it works.

Method 3:

The system file may have got corrupted due to corruption in system file. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

:)

PierreCoetzee1, Nov 20, 2019
  2. TomStrong Win User

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading" [​IMG]

TomStrong, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
    Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

Sumit Dhiman, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Mooly Win User

Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

Windows Update still hasn't successfully updated Defender, however by chance I spotted that Defender itself reports as having updated today.

Mooly, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

1. Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading" - Similar Threads - Defender update stuck

2. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%: For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't play a few games that I love to play. I tried every possible way from stopping and starting the windows update service to...
  3. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%: For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't play a few games that I love to play. I tried every possible way from stopping and starting the windows update service to...
  4. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading: System DetailsWindows 10 ProfessionalWinver 1803 OS Build 17134.1304What I Have TriedI tried everything here except for resorting to the Windows Media Creation Tool and it did not work. Windows update issues - Microsoft CommunityI tried everything here and it did not work....
  5. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading: System DetailsWindows 10 ProfessionalWinver 1803 OS Build 17134.1304What I Have TriedI tried everything here except for resorting to the Windows Media Creation Tool and it did not work. Windows update issues - Microsoft CommunityI tried everything here and it did not work....
  6. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.: It is stuck on cumulative update for windows 21H1, KB5006670. I did not approve nor had any prior notice of this update. Why is it automatically being installed and why has the downloading stopped at 0%? I don't believe this update is intended for my computer. How to fix this...
  8. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.: It is stuck on cumulative update for windows 21H1, KB5006670. I did not approve nor had any prior notice of this update. Why is it automatically being installed and why has the downloading stopped at 0%? I don't believe this update is intended for my computer. How to fix this...
  9. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading updates stuck at 0%: Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688). Cumulative...