Windows 10: Windows Defender update

Discus and support Windows Defender update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender reports: "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update...because of an internet or network connectivity problem." every time I try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paul7kent, Jun 15, 2019.

1. paul7kent Win User

Windows Defender update

Windows Defender reports: "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update...because of an internet or network connectivity problem." every time I try to update it. For several weeks now. So a few days ago I contacted Microsoft support and they re-installed Windows. And Defender worked again. For a few days. Now I'm getting the same error message again (every time) even though they re-installed the whole of Windows. Is there any other way of fixing Defender?

:)

paul7kent, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows Defender update

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender update

1. Windows Defender update - Similar Threads - Defender update

2. Defender update problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender update problems: Is everyone have problems with windows 10 version 1093 defender updates only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-update-problems/8273aa25-2f8b-4714-89eb-dbd58a45ab8a
  3. Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424): Hello, I'm on windows 10 family version 1803. Last time my computer checked for update: 14.09.2018 I recently realised that no system update have been done for 10 months and that F-Secure was not on my computer anymore (just a shortcut on my desktop leading nowhere). When...
  4. Defender update

Defender update: After Windows 10 VER 1903 update system no longer can update defender definitions, Even manually will not update. All other updates are successful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-update/f6985e6b-9544-4570-a971-13332eccec24
  5. 'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app

'Defender' update 07/10/19 breaks 'system file checker' app: All devices updated yesterday(07/10/19) have corruption that cannot be repaired, ""windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them...For online repair etc etc.""...
  6. Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

Windows defender blocked after latest updates?: After todays latest updates, unable to use Windows Defender, blocked by Group Policy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-after-latest-updates/81667f23-1b93-48b1-b18c-5fc213ae0167
  7. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.: Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build. Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced...
  8. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...

Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...: How can I solve this problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-defender-antivirus-antimalware/2becd50d-04a1-48f9-b6ff-34bfcc521dd9
  9. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  10. Windows 10 update created a problem with my Windows Defender Anti-Virus

Windows 10 update created a problem with my Windows Defender Anti-Virus: I updated my Windows 10 program and now My Windows Defender anti-virus protection has been replaced by a program called Bytefence and I have not been able to remove same form my PC so Windows Defender can continue to work. I have Windows 10 and when I updated it on 6/25/2019...