Windows 10: Windows defender update ?

Discus and support Windows defender update ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i just disabled windows defender today and switch to another lightweight antivirus. I always update my widows and also my windows defender. So did i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikelferdinan, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Windows defender update ?

i just disabled windows defender today and switch to another lightweight antivirus. I always update my widows and also my windows defender. So did i still receive windows defender update even when i disabled WD? because i am afraid when i get an update about WD it enabled automatically.
    Thanks in advance, and excuse my english.
    automaticallyautomatically

:)

mikelferdinan, Apr 29, 2018
  2. Chasst Win User

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643

Yes I understand that Windows Defender will not run if another AV program is installed (in this case Norton 360) but then why does Windows Update keep trying and failing to install Defender updates, when Windows Defender is not running?

I uninstalled Norton 360, ran Windows Defender and downloaded updates for it. Then ran Windows Update and it worked fine, didn't report any Windows Defender updates. I then reinstalled Norton 360 and Windows Defender correctly is turned off.

But again Windows Update tries to install Windows Defender updates and fails: "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5520.0) - Error 0x80070643es. This is a Windows Update bug introduced last month, probably in the cumulative
    update for January 2016. Is there any way to fix it?

Chasst, Apr 29, 2018
  3. PC not updating

Try update windows defender using windows defender and then go to updates. Or disable windows defender and check for updates , then enable windows defender and update again.

OctavianQR, Apr 29, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows defender update ?

WD should update even when normally disabled because it still has a role and could be used for manual scanning etc. even with another AV installed. That should not change it to default AV or to activate it to run concurrently with other AV.

CountMike, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender update ?

1. Windows defender update ? - Similar Threads - defender update

2. windows defender updates / 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows defender updates / 1903 update: Do updates for Windows Defender operate independently of operating system updates? Currently running win 10 pro 1903 Is it possible to rollback to a pre 1903 update? Thanks, 156837
  3. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  4. Windows Defender services stop, Platform folder EMPTY, updates KB4052623 and KB2267602 give...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender services stop, Platform folder EMPTY, updates KB4052623 and KB2267602 give...: I cannot install Windows Defender Platform update KB4052623 and another package KB2267602. After downloading, I get the error 0x80070643. I tried everything from THIS thread, as well as all the common techniques restart etc. I tried wureset from wureset.com, and also the...
  5. windows defender updates / 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender updates / 1903 update: Do updates for Windows Defender operate independently of operating system updates? Currently running win 10 pro 1903 Is it possible to rollback to a pre 1903 update? Thanks, 156837
  6. windows defender security intelligence update failed

windows defender security intelligence update failed: hi, i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed. Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence. New...
  7. Windows Defender is not updating.

Windows Defender is not updating.: Hello, I have Windows8.1 on Toshiba Satellite C50-B846 laptop. The Windows Defender is not updating since last 5 days. What may be the cause? Could any one help me, please? Khadga Rai Nepal...
  8. Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8: Using Window 8, cannot update windows defender, when click on update, got error message: 0x8007139f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/failure-to-update-windows-defender-on-window-8/ebaab0f7-23cf-46a6-a6b2-c795d21546eb
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  10. how do I resolve failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...

how do I resolve failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...: I had to reset windows to resolve BSOD. Failure of Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version 4.18.2001.10 Support documentation is not clear on resolving. Thank you...