Windows 10: Windows defender update ?

Discus and support Windows defender update ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i just disabled windows defender today and switch to another lightweight antivirus. I always update my widows and also my windows defender. So did i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikelferdinan, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Windows defender update ?

i just disabled windows defender today and switch to another lightweight antivirus. I always update my widows and also my windows defender. So did i still receive windows defender update even when i disabled WD? because i am afraid when i get an update about WD it enabled automatically.
    Thanks in advance, and excuse my english.
    automaticallyautomatically

:)

mikelferdinan, Apr 29, 2018
  2. Chasst Win User

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643

Yes I understand that Windows Defender will not run if another AV program is installed (in this case Norton 360) but then why does Windows Update keep trying and failing to install Defender updates, when Windows Defender is not running?

I uninstalled Norton 360, ran Windows Defender and downloaded updates for it. Then ran Windows Update and it worked fine, didn't report any Windows Defender updates. I then reinstalled Norton 360 and Windows Defender correctly is turned off.

But again Windows Update tries to install Windows Defender updates and fails: "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5520.0) - Error 0x80070643es. This is a Windows Update bug introduced last month, probably in the cumulative
    update for January 2016. Is there any way to fix it?

Chasst, Apr 29, 2018
  3. PC not updating

Try update windows defender using windows defender and then go to updates. Or disable windows defender and check for updates , then enable windows defender and update again.

OctavianQR, Apr 29, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows defender update ?

WD should update even when normally disabled because it still has a role and could be used for manual scanning etc. even with another AV installed. That should not change it to default AV or to activate it to run concurrently with other AV.

CountMike, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender update ?

1. Windows defender update ? - Similar Threads - defender update

2. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  3. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  5. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  6. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  8. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...