Windows 10: Windows Defender Updates stopped

Discus and support Windows Defender Updates stopped in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The last time I had a Windows Defender update was on Oct 4th. Every time I manually update, it tells me I am up to date. Is there a reason that this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SeanDP, Oct 31, 2019.

1. SeanDP Win User

Windows Defender Updates stopped

The last time I had a Windows Defender update was on Oct 4th. Every time I manually update, it tells me I am up to date. Is there a reason that this would have stopped?

I also use Webroot as well, but I have always done so and I have always received Windows Defender Updates.

The last one was on 10/4/2019 entitled Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.837.0)

Please advise

:)

SeanDP, Oct 31, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Windows Defender stops scanning

You can follow these steps to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:

• Type services in the Cortana search field, then click
      Services.
    • Locate then right-click Windows Defender Service.
    • Choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Updates stopped

Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Updates stopped

1. Windows Defender Updates stopped - Similar Threads - Defender Updates stopped

2. Windows defender stopped updating logs in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender stopped updating logs in app: I need to allow access to a folder for Docker. But when I open windows defender appfrom notification about blocked access, it only shows me logs that are from 8/27/2022 and older. Also in event viewer it shows me newer logs. I installed all updates from windows update....
  3. Windows defender stopped updating logs in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender stopped updating logs in app: I need to allow access to a folder for Docker. But when I open windows defender appfrom notification about blocked access, it only shows me logs that are from 8/27/2022 and older. Also in event viewer it shows me newer logs. I installed all updates from windows update....
  4. Windows defender stopped updating logs in app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  6. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  7. Windows Defender stopped!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender stopped!: Windows Defender stopped working on my Windows 10. How do I get it started again? I have never had another virus app on my computer. The settings option to turn it on is grayed out. I've tried everything that was recommended, including register tweaks and group policy...
  8. Windows defender is broken and updates stopped

Windows defender is broken and updates stopped: ever since I removed the Windows.old folder. strange. I ran windows update troubleshooter, it came back with an error of some sort, corrupt files.. I was just trying to gain more space on OS drive is how all this came to happen.. thanks in advance... 142364
  9. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  10. How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition: I have disabled Window Defender, but the Updates of Windows Defender Definition are still downloaded and installed. How do I stop it? I tried to use the Show or Hide updates to hide the Update of Windows Defender Definition, but it did not appear there. 19152

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are there any windows updates since 10/24/19 and any defender updates since 9/29/19