Windows 10: Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for...

Discus and support Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on January 12th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JitendraMahechchha, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for...

Split from this thread.​

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on January 12th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4598242, Build 19041.746 and 19042.746
    2. Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB4598229, Build 18363.1316

UPDATED 1/12/21
    REMINDER Adobe Flash Player went out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020. Flash content will be blocked from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. For more information, see Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.

11/17/20
    For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. To view other notes and messages, see the Windows 10, version 2004 update history home page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.

Wow. Thanks for that, but I'm annoyed with a thing in Windows Update. This issue is not related to Cumulative Updates, but it is related to Updates.

I had turned on the Active Hours feature in Update & Security. But I always have to click Check for Updates once every day so that Windows can install the Defender Updates, like the Security Intelligence Updates. It can't install it automatically. What can I do? I had update install errors many months ago and solved it using the built-in wsreset.exe app. But now, it's the problem of Defender updates. It scans automatically and tells me that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for Updates, it shows Updates available.

:)

JitendraMahechchha, Feb 5, 2021

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for...

Windows Defender unable to download updates

Hello Daniels,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know a few more details on the below questions.

1. Is the status of the Windows Defender active?

2. Did you check if there was any recent update already installed for Windows Defender?

Now, refer to the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for...

1. Windows Defender updates- Told that I'm up-to-date, but when I click that Check for... - Similar Threads - Defender updates Told

2. Update failed yet I'm told I'm up to date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update failed yet I'm told I'm up to date: Today's system info:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on 2021-11-04 OS build 22000.1335 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1335.0Yesterday 22-12-21, I attempted to update windows 11 home I had a feature update showing as available. It got to 64% then...
  3. Update failed yet I'm told I'm up to date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update failed yet I'm told I'm up to date: Today's system info:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on 2021-11-04 OS build 22000.1335 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1335.0Yesterday 22-12-21, I attempted to update windows 11 home I had a feature update showing as available. It got to 64% then...
  4. My windows 10 update says you are up to date but when I check the internet I see I'm not up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 update says you are up to date but when I check the internet I see I'm not up...: Hello every body as I says in Subject my windows 10 Pro updates says I'm on newest version but when I check the internet I see I'm not on the latest OS build and I need help to keep my computer up to dateand this is what exactly I see in the site that I downloaded the windows...
  5. My windows 10 update says you are up to date but when I check the internet I see I'm not up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 update says you are up to date but when I check the internet I see I'm not up...: Hello every body as I says in Subject my windows 10 Pro updates says I'm on newest version but when I check the internet I see I'm not on the latest OS build and I need help to keep my computer up to dateand this is what exactly I see in the site that I downloaded the windows...
  6. My windows 10 update says you are up to date but when I check the internet I see I'm not up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: I am in windows 10 pro, version 1909.This type of error came when i check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/bb327f37-e87a-47cd-9fd9-3bfd3d946edc
  8. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.: This happens when I check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/3e68c2a7-be4d-457a-8fd2-700d0b03c6e6
  9. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: Here's a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/979f6901-fdae-49f2-9ba2-cef012fc137b
  10. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...