Windows 10: Windows Defender Updates

Discus and support Windows Defender Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running WIndows 10, Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎24 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DouglasDrake1, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Updates

I am running WIndows 10, Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎24 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 For the past month or two, I get a daily notification to update my Windows Defender definitions.I would prefer such updates download and install automatically.I have my WIndows Update policy set up to download automatically, why are Windows Defender updates treated differently.When I get the Windows Defender notifications, it mentions group and administrator policies. However, I am the group and I am the administrator.Any s

:)

DouglasDrake1, Jun 18, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 18, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Updates

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Updates

1. Windows Defender Updates - Similar Threads - Defender Updates

2. trying to update my windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trying to update my windows defender: How can I update my windows defender because I have tried many times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trying-to-update-my-windows-defender/934e5c6c-9985-40bd-aff7-90d725cac35b
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues: Using Windows 10 I have found it difficult recently to instal the normal definitions and the associated "Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform" KB 4052623 by the automatic method. I have four Windows 10 machines and eventually got them all to accept the updates. I...
  4. 8/7/21 defender update

8/7/21 defender update: My computer was fine and operating well on the 7th but when I used it on the 8th the computer blue screens. Restarts. And repeats. The only change was the update for windows defender. I know because I only used it for word doc on the 7th nothing els. Upon uninstalling the new...
  5. Can’t update games, windows defender, or windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t update games, windows defender, or windows 10: I tried updating my windows 10 and i keep getting the error code 0x8007006 so i searched up how to fix it and tried all the methods i found for it but i still can’t update my windows 10, windows defender, or games on the xbox app, they all get the same error code and i have...
  6. Windows Defender update error 0x80070643

Windows Defender update error 0x80070643: Can't update. Can't resolve the problem. sfc /scannow did not find integrity violation. chkdsk scan also did not find any problem. Full anti-malware scan did not find any threat. I ran offline scan but I have no clue how to find the result. What gave? 181831
  7. Do You Think Microsoft Will Extend Microsoft Defender Updates Beyond the Windows 10...

Do You Think Microsoft Will Extend Microsoft Defender Updates Beyond the Windows 10...: Greetings,As Microsoft plans to retire Windows 10 Security Updates in October 2025, do you think that the Microsoft Defender Antivirus updates will be extended at that time,? Or will people have to pick another antivirus? For reference, Windows Defender on Windows 7 will get...
  8. Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan: Hello. I see this question has been asked before by some users but they're always locked without resolution.Windows Defender at least on Windows 8.1 version is missing SO many important options. It claims it will auto-update definitions, but it never does. I always have to do...
  9. How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?: So now and then I receive a notification to update the virus definitions inside Windows Defender. It looks like this:I want to stop it as it's really annoying. I know that security updates are very important. So, I want to know a way to either automatically update the virus...
  10. Does "Pausing Windows Update" cause Windows Defender Definition Update to stop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does "Pausing Windows Update" cause Windows Defender Definition Update to stop?: If I "Pause Windows Update for 7 days" or "Pause it for up to 35 days", would Windows Defender Definition Update also pause?What if I want to keep Windows Defender Definition Update, while pause regular Quality Updates and others update?...