Windows 10: Windows Defender User Interface not working

Discus and support Windows Defender User Interface not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 I noticed that the Windows Defender shield is not showing up in the system tray, so I went to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobSTG, Oct 13, 2018.

1. RobSTG Win User

Windows Defender User Interface not working

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.345

I noticed that the Windows Defender shield is not showing up in the system tray, so I went to the settings to check the status. Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security. In the main pane, the only thing listed is the button to "Open Windows Defender Security Center." There are no stats listed for the definition or anything else in the pane--it is blank.

When I click the "Open Windows Defender Security Center" button, it doesn't open. The mouse busy signal flickers continually and nothing happens. The CPU goes to full capacity, but nothing happens. The computer must be restarted for it to stop. Windows update history shows Definitions were installed today.

When I restarted the computer, the shield appears for a second, but as soon as the mouse hovers over it, it disappears.

I installed Malware Bytes, ran a scan, then uninstalled it. No change in settings and windows defender user interface still not working.

I also ran sfc /scannow which found and corrected files, but the problem persists.

I'm stuck. Please help?

:)

RobSTG, Oct 13, 2018

2. is Windows Defender User Interface safe?

this thing randomly popped up in my task manager window, and i dont know what it is, its called Windows Defender User Interface, is it an offical part of windows or?

wizkid6444, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Windows User Interface Suggestion

Your suggestions posted here won't reach the people/department you want to reach.

Use the Windows 10 Feedback Hub.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Bryan1000 Win User

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

I do not have Microsoft Security Essentials in that startup list. I only have Ms Security Client User Interface and Windows Defender User Interface in the list.

Bryan

Bryan1000, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender User Interface not working - Similar Threads - Defender User Interface

2. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Interface failure: Fujitsu Lifebook U748 laptop Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.2364 Micron 1100 NVMe drive, excellent condition, checked by the manufacturer's utility, but was encrypted with Bitlocker, the problem was observed in the encrypted state, after decryption it remained. The system boots...
  3. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Interface failure: Fujitsu Lifebook U748 laptop Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.2364 Micron 1100 NVMe drive, excellent condition, checked by the manufacturer's utility, but was encrypted with Bitlocker, the problem was observed in the encrypted state, after decryption it remained. The system boots...
  4. User Interface failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Weird? Windows Defender Interface Behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird? Windows Defender Interface Behaviour: Hey there, I've noticed something today while using Windows Defender and it seems weird to me, i'm not sure whether it is intended or not. So, when you open Windows Security tabfrom tray icons for example and then go to Virus & Threat Protection there is a Quick Scan button...
  6. Weird? Windows Defender Interface Behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird? Windows Defender Interface Behaviour: Hey there, I've noticed something today while using Windows Defender and it seems weird to me, i'm not sure whether it is intended or not. So, when you open Windows Security tabfrom tray icons for example and then go to Virus & Threat Protection there is a Quick Scan button...
  7. Weird? Windows Defender Interface Behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Redesigning windows user interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Redesigning windows user interface: Windows user interface seems boring these days. it's been 6-7 years or more after windows 10 was first released, and looks and feels the same. But in this material design world windows user interface design feels outdated AF. I think it's time to focus on designs and...
  9. User Interface on log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Interface on log in: The last update of Win 10 and Edge, changed my initial user interface to have Edge as the 'access point' I was using the normal Win 10 desktop and this was disturbing - I could not use the Windows icon to get to my application and my menu bar was gone. It took me a long...
  10. New CU Windows Defender interface

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New CU Windows Defender interface: What do you guys think? I don't like it at all. It feels awkward and uncomfortable to navigate. When you need to specify some advanced options (like exceptions for instance) is a real PITA and not very straightforward. 81737

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender user interface

2. cant reach windows defender interface

3. indows defender user interface running multiple instances

4. window defender ui not launching blinking cursor,
  5. defender user interface can not open,
  6. defenders user interface not working,
  7. windows defender interface not responding