Windows 10: Windows Defender using many resources

Discus and support Windows Defender using many resources in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, guys. May I've some help? I use my desktop mostly for studying (I'm a CS student) and gaming. A few days ago I've noticed how slow my machine has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Loumier, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Windows Defender using many resources

Hi, guys. May I've some help?

I use my desktop mostly for studying (I'm a CS student) and gaming. A few days ago I've noticed how slow my machine has become and I also noticed Windows Defender is the main villain. Exactly now while I'm writting this post I've just restarted my machine and Windows Defener alone is consuming 54% of my CPU and 2,5Gb of RAM.

I've foung some posts at Microsoft Answers adivising to add some exceptions at Windows Defender or performing the command below would fix it but they didn't.

Sfc /ScanNow Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Now I don't know exactly what should I do. That resources consumption is making my desktop so laggy even for basic use. I fell much stuttering while browsing simple pages.

Also, my Windows is updated.

submitted by /u/Loumier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Loumier, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

defender won't automatically start in windows 10, cant turn on manually suggested resource in use?

Is this what you are seeing? Remove The Requested Resource is in Use Error (Removal Guide)

If so, suggest you follow the above referenced Bleeping Computer Removal Guide.

But - - -

If this is not the issue you have encountered and you are a new user of Windows Defender, go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see
    what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Suggest try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any
    security software (AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Trend, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (including trial versions of McAfee or Norton) followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender)

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Windows Defender using many resources

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender using many resources

1. Windows Defender using many resources - Similar Threads - Defender using many

2. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly: Out of the blue, Antimalware Service Executable has suddenly began using over 750mb of RAM, a constant 1-2mb of disk writing, and 1-5% of my CPU.While this is a small portion of what I have available, this sudden spike is concerning, it only started noticeably a few days ago....
  3. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly: Out of the blue, Antimalware Service Executable has suddenly began using over 750mb of RAM, a constant 1-2mb of disk writing, and 1-5% of my CPU.While this is a small portion of what I have available, this sudden spike is concerning, it only started noticeably a few days ago....
  4. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why is my desktop window manager using so many resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my desktop window manager using so many resources: Hi all, this is my first time on this site so please correct me if i get anything wrong.My desktop window manager is using a high amount of memory, gpu and cpu power and i am not sure as to why its doing this. ive been googling things for days and to no avail. anyone have a...
  6. why is my desktop window manager using so many resources

why is my desktop window manager using so many resources: Hi all, this is my first time on this site so please correct me if i get anything wrong.My desktop window manager is using a high amount of memory, gpu and cpu power and i am not sure as to why its doing this. ive been googling things for days and to no avail. anyone have a...
  7. Too many Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.: I run "sfc /scannow" daily and find integrity violations 2-3 times a week. At least twice a month sfc returns "...unable to fix some of the..." see full error message below I assume this is not expected? How do I trace when/how the system files are being corrupted?Error...
  8. Too many Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.

Too many Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.: I run "sfc /scannow" daily and find integrity violations 2-3 times a week. At least twice a month sfc returns "...unable to fix some of the..." see full error message below I assume this is not expected? How do I trace when/how the system files are being corrupted?Error...
  9. Too many Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable using too many resources.: As the subject states, Antimalware Service Executable constantly uses between 8 and 11gb of my RAM, high amounts of CPU and disk power. It does this every single day, and despite being told and trying in many ways to disable real-time protection, it keeps reactivating itself....