Windows 10: Windows Defender using too much RAM

Discus and support Windows Defender using too much RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, looking at my Task Manager, I've noticed throughout the day that the "Antimalware Service executable" has been eating more and more RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lexa_21, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Windows Defender using too much RAM

Hello everyone, looking at my Task Manager, I've noticed throughout the day that the "Antimalware Service executable" has been eating more and more RAM - it's up to around 2GB now, which is definitely not normal. The task is using 0% of the CPU resource, as well as 0% HDD.

I've tried all the usual fixes I found on the internet, including disabling Windows Defender both in the Settings, as well as in the registry, but none of those have fixed the problems.

This problem has appeared suddenly today, I haven't even installed anything new, so I really don't know what might have caused it, and I've run out of ideas for a possible fix.

My OS build is: 19042.746

submitted by /u/Lexa_21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lexa_21, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Windows Defender using too much RAM

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender using too much RAM

1. Windows Defender using too much RAM - Similar Threads - Defender using too

2. Windows defender and Desktop window manager using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender and Desktop window manager using too much ram: I have posted a question about these 2 problems and still didn't get a working solution do i reinstall windows or something?Like mentioned, Antimalware service excutable and dwm.exe use way too much ram. Combined, they use like 1.6 gigs of ram. No "solution" has worked for me...
  3. MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM: Basically 4Gb of RAM is being used and i have no applications open and can only think that is the Windows Defender services. I have tried changing the Windows Security setting sbut have Real-Time protection greyed out. This is my personal computer I am an administrator but I...
  4. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  5. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  6. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  7. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  8. I hate this Windows Defender app using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hate this Windows Defender app using too much RAM: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4mwm7/i_hate_this_windows_defender_app_using_too_much/
  9. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
  10. Windows Defender is using too much CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is using too much CPU: Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much CPU (55-60%) and my total CPU usage never falls under 90% unless I stop it manually and everything's back to normal again. I really don't wanna keep disabling it, but I have no choice currently. Anything I can...