Windows 10: Windows Defender versions

Discus and support Windows Defender versions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is the version of WD featured in recent Insider Previews, with the off line scanning option, likely to be adopted by the standard Windows 10 ? Is it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tinmar49, May 27, 2017.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Windows Defender versions

Is the version of WD featured in recent Insider Previews, with the off line scanning option, likely to be adopted by the standard Windows 10 ?
    Is it significantly better?

:)

tinmar49, May 27, 2017
  2. Shad_86 Win User

Windows Defender says that my Windows Defender program is for an older version of "Windows. The old Windows Defender program was turned off by an antivirus program whichI no longer have.

Original title: Windows Defender

My Windows 10 says that my Windows Defender program is for an older version of "Windows. The old Windows Defender program was turned off by an antivirus program whichI no longer have. I want to download the latest Defender version, but Windows reports that
    my system is up to date. (Note: even though it tells me that my Win Defender program is not usable.) How do I get the latest version for Windows 10?

[Moved from Windows]

Shad_86, May 27, 2017
  3. Ray_Ortiz Win User
    is there a special version of windows defender for windows 10 or does the version im using now sufficiant. i upgraded from windows?

<Original title: windows defender>

is there a special version of windows defender for windows 10 or does the version im using now sufficiant. i upgraded from windows

Ray_Ortiz, May 27, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Off line scanning has been part of Defender in the RTM Windows 10 since the Anniversary Update.

It's different, intended for those 'hard to touch' infections...

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

5. zbook New Member
    The windows defender offline runs after reboot. It will load and then perform a quick scan. There was a problem with WDO if it was used after Windows driver verifier. WIndows driver verifier also requires a reboot. The two Windows programs would interact with each other and create a WDO blue screen boot loop. This was a problem with Windows 1607. It no longer occurs with Windows 1703.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender versions - Similar Threads - Defender versions

2. My brother downloaded a cracked version of a game called Raft after which Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brother downloaded a cracked version of a game called Raft after which Windows Defender...: The viruses were:Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlBehavior:Win32/DefenseEvasion.A!mlTrojan:Win32/ZynonmTrojan:Win32/Sabsik.FL.B!mlTrojan:Win32/Vidar!MTBMost of these were remediated, blocked or removed. But since these are mostly Trojans I'm still worried that once I turn on my wifi...
  3. My brother downloaded a cracked version of a game called Raft after which Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brother downloaded a cracked version of a game called Raft after which Windows Defender...: The viruses were:Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlBehavior:Win32/DefenseEvasion.A!mlTrojan:Win32/ZynonmTrojan:Win32/Sabsik.FL.B!mlTrojan:Win32/Vidar!MTBMost of these were remediated, blocked or removed. But since these are mostly Trojans I'm still worried that once I turn on my wifi...
  4. My brother downloaded a cracked version of a game called Raft after which Windows Defender...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  7. Windows 10 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game: Recently i have installed a cracked game which was my biggest mistake i have ever done. There was an application to disable win defender i used it and now by using it i cant enable it. Whenever i open windows defender from setting it shows blank screen....
  8. Windows 10 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game

Windows 10 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game: Recently i have installed a cracked game which was my biggest mistake i have ever done. There was an application to disable win defender i used it and now by using it i cant enable it. Whenever i open windows defender from setting it shows blank screen....
  9. Windows 10 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows 11 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game

Windows 11 defender not opening after installing a cracked version of game: Recently i have installed a cracked game which was my biggest mistake i have ever done. There was an application to disable win defender i used it and now by using it i cant enable it. Whenever i open windows defender from setting it shows blank screen....