Windows 10: windows defender virus and protection history issue

Discus and support windows defender virus and protection history issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by uğur92, Jun 15, 2019.

1. uğur92 Win User

windows defender virus and protection history issue

hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic protection history ? windows defender virus and protection history issue 67b6be43-df88-4cb4-abce-91f2068682b2?upload=true.png

:)

uğur92, Jun 15, 2019

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

windows defender virus and protection history issue wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Booster2 Win User
    How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

windows defender virus protection

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender (WD) will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the Answer of quietman7
    - MVP
    in windowsdefender wont turn on

If the issue continues you may want to follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

For more detailed recommendations to help resolve various Windows Defender issues see the Answer of GreginMich in failing to install updates

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you can't get this problem resolved suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antivirus program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick.

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. windows defender virus and protection history issue - Similar Threads - defender virus protection

2. threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender: after scan through window defender i still getting virus?threats . and these threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threatsvirus-are-not-getting-cleared-from/7b286a3a-ef60-4ff6-ab10-51f9df8d568e
  3. threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender: after scan through window defender i still getting virus?threats . and these threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threatsvirus-are-not-getting-cleared-from/7b286a3a-ef60-4ff6-ab10-51f9df8d568e
  4. Defender Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  5. Windows Defender Protection History Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Protection History Crash: Hello. After opening history of protection in windows defender it just freezes and than crash. I tried deleting the history but it didnt help. Windows is updated....
  6. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  7. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  8. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...
  9. Virus protection on windows defender

Virus protection on windows defender: My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?...
  10. Windows defender Virus Protection

Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear defender protection history