Windows 10: Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching''

Discus and support Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching'' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm having a problem with Windows Defender. I bought my laptop used about a year ago now and everything was fine until I restarted it once and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dyllon Kavanagh, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching''

Hey, so I'm having a problem with Windows Defender.

I bought my laptop used about a year ago now and everything was fine until I restarted it once and it got stuck in a boot loop and I had to refresh it. Now whenever I try to update virus and spyware definitions in Windows Defender is just says ''connection failed''. Usually I just restart my laptop and Windows Defender begins to update virus and spyware definitions but it just gets stuck on ''searching'' and won't budge past that part at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

:)

Dyllon Kavanagh, Jun 20, 2019

2. Virus and spyware definition

how can I update a windows defender for virus and spyware definition??

EdwinEvans143, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching''

Windows Defender - Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated

Windows Defender - Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be update

felix_mujuni, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching''

1. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching'' - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Spyware

2. Windows defender virus definition bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender virus definition bug: I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published...
  3. Spyware and virus protection.

Spyware and virus protection.: Do I need McAfee protection with Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spyware-and-virus-protection/73d11fed-3b86-4df0-81da-f445ce928131"
  4. updating virus and spyware definition

updating virus and spyware definition: when I try to update my virus and spyware definitions the feedback message it gives me is that .this app couldn't check for virus and spyware definition updates. I used a wifi network which was strong enough but still thus the feedback,i need help to fix this problem...
  5. couldn't Update spyware definitions

couldn't Update spyware definitions: hi..! why couldn't Update spyware definitions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/couldnt-update-spyware-definitions/5939d2d6-9a37-488b-acbd-a579119bc2e4
  6. virus /SPYWARE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus /SPYWARE ?: WHAT is KMS GUI ELDI on my system ,it shows up now an again it cant be deleted or uninstalled an does not show up in listing under microsoft .help ??...
  7. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509
  8. updating Virus and spyware definitions

updating Virus and spyware definitions: All of a sudden since 25 June 2018 the Virus and Spyware definitions is not getting updated and it says the PC status Potentially unprotected...
  9. window defender virus definition update error

window defender virus definition update error: every time i try to update the spyware and virus definitions its popup a message that it couldnt be updated and shows error code: 0x80004004. what should i do?...
  10. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Is this a Virus or Spyware?: I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results. Well, are you familiar with Regedit? Win+R+regedit.exe. Search for Nox_unload.exe + nox + nox player. Click F3 each time to reach the end of...