Windows 10: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

Discus and support Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ahmed_974, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Ahmed_974 Win User

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!!

:)

Ahmed_974, Nov 25, 2022

2. Virus and threat protection stuck on getting protection info

my virus and threat protection is off and i need to turn it on when i click it it just says getting protection info and

never loads is there any

fix for this?

RejectedCape38, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Nov 25, 2022
  4. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Threat

2. Wiindows Defender Virus and threat protection seems stuck and says only "Getting protection...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wiindows Defender Virus and threat protection seems stuck and says only "Getting protection...: Cox stopped giving away Mcafee away for free so I decided to use defenoder for virus protection since I was alredy paying over $100/year for Windows10o as part of 365 home. When I entered Settings then Update and security I clicked on Windows Security and then Virus and...
  3. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  4. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  5. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  6. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  7. Windows Security's Virus & threat protection is stuck in "getting protection info..."

Windows Security's Virus & threat protection is stuck in "getting protection info...": Good day! Anyone who can help me please : The Virus & threat protection in my Windows Security is stuck in "Getting protection info...". Been waited for hours, still no changes. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  10. Virus and threat protection stuck on getting protection info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus and threat protection stuck on getting protection info: my virus and threat protection is off and i need to turn it on when i click it it just says getting protection info and never loads is there any fix for this?...