Windows 10: Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Discus and support Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ammo737, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ammo737 Win User

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Hi,

I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender I guess but in some cases it is also virus disguised as windows defender so I had to remove it too. I uninstalled the malware removers but the Virus and Threat Protection wont start. It constantly displayed the error "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." and when I restart it, it gives an unknown error. I am attaching some screenshots.
    What can I do to run the Virus and threat protection service again?

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped 15a44fb7-1139-40ea-a034-4c77d094cad1?upload=true.png Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped 4fffc8ce-2a2d-4355-935d-b173d5412077?upload=true.png

:)

ammo737, Jan 16, 2019

2. Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

There seems to have been a hiccup in the Patch Tuesday updates that might need to be resolved with some unconventional methods of restarting the Threat Service (Windows Defender Antivirus Service):

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection - Restart Now

GreginMich, Jan 16, 2019
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Window Defender's virus & threat protection service has stopped

virus and threat protection. threat service has stopped. restart now. only get unexpected error ran into a problem. please retry again shows over and over again. what do I do?

ButchSeibert, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

1. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Threat

2. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  3. virus and threat protection

virus and threat protection: I can't use window anti virus. it says it is managed by the organization.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection/b1f881b3-0d9b-4ecf-9398-cb94805cc4d3
  4. Virus & Threat Protection

Virus & Threat Protection: My virus & protection will not work. Windows Defender has been off for a bit now. It says "This setting is manage by your administrator." It says this too, "Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not...
  5. Virus & Threat Protection

Virus & Threat Protection: My Virus & Threat Protection is not turned on & it is showing the following message. [ATTACH]Please help me here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/8861fbae-6f73-4633-ad20-46b4cbd366b3
  6. Virus and Threat Protection

Virus and Threat Protection: from last few days my virus and threat protection has been disabled by some third party anti virus software which I didn't install. I can't even find that software in the control panel to uninstall. My computer is now slowing down and it's becoming difficult to operate day to...
  7. virus & threat protection

virus & threat protection: virus & threat protection is managed by your organisation (the question is how to activate it) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/c78b7e36-45fc-4ece-a432-0070c3f7ecbd"
  8. virus and threat protection

virus and threat protection: i have windows 10 home single langguage and i cant restart the virus and threat protection. it always showing "unexpected error, sorry we ran into a problem..." i follow some step but nothing works...
  9. virus threat protection

virus threat protection: hi I have question I`ve been having problem with this I wish you could help me to fix this .. thank you [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/5514aea3-7457-4f80-ad90-d3f5ace62850
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and threat protection has stopped

2. virus and threat protection stopped