Windows 10: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Discus and support Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruce (live.com, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address.

Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection.

We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown source demanding money!!

How can I protect our files from being totally blocked by the threat? We have 50 hours and counting to pay the money!

:)

Bruce (live.com, Jun 22, 2019
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jun 22, 2019
  4. sherinsam Win User

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

windows defender virus and threat protection

i am not able to turn on the virus and threat protection function of windows defender in my windows 10 laptop....

while i was trying to download one key generator , an additional a software named KOMETA browser also installed without my knowledge.......

and it changed the startup menu , start icon , and a small gadget deck in my desktop. and i tried a lot to uninstall the kometa browser , atlast i found the solution in malware tips.com . by looking down the procedures, i downloaded Adwcleaner to remove
    adwares , at that time windows defender virus and threat protection went off.... i also downloaded Malwarebytes to remove the browser ads... and i uninstalled both software . and when tried to scan my laptop with windows defender , it asked me to restart
    virus and threat protection , but when i tried to restart it , showed a dialogue box reading "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again". and now i am not able to scan with windows defender....

sherinsam, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

1. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Threat

2. Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.: I'm using Windows 11, and I currently joined the beta channel on Windows insider Program. My Windows Security is working, but I cannot see the virus & threat protection button in windows defender. I removed my other antiviruses, but still, there's no anywhere for running a...
  3. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  4. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  5. Virus and threat protection windiw defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection windiw defender: Hello. I had an alert to do a quick scan on laptop. It uses Windows 10S. I clicked on the scan now button and it is now 4hrs later and it is still scanning or I think it is as there is no way of knowing except for the blue dots running along the screen. How long does it take?...
  6. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  7. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  8. Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped

Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped: Pressing the restart button just leads to an error that leads to nothing. I don't have any 3rd party antivirus software either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection/1a433900-e659-493f-9619-0bd17ece5a9d
  9. Windows Defender / Virus & Threat protection not opening

Windows Defender / Virus & Threat protection not opening: When I press to open Windows Defender or Virus and Threat Protection, nothing happens. No error message, they just don't open. I tried making a new user profile and they do work fine on that one....
  10. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e