Windows 10: Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022

Discus and support Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's been reported that windows Defender is giving constant notifications about virus scans today for many users regarding a potential virus named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MonoludiOS, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022

It's been reported that windows Defender is giving constant notifications about virus scans today for many users regarding a potential virus named "Win32/hive.ZY"

This is a bug, and Microsoft is working on the issue

It seems to originate from chromium based software and electron apps

submitted by /u/MonoludiOS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MonoludiOS, Sep 4, 2022

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2022
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 4, 2022
  4. Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022

Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022 wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Sep 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022

1. Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022 - Similar Threads - Defender Virus bug

2. Battery 255% after Windows Update Sept 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 255% after Windows Update Sept 2022: My Surface Pro 4 battery suddenly shows a 255% charge after the most recent Windows updates. If I unplug the Surface from the power source, it immediately dies. Any idea how this can be fixed? Thank you....
  3. Battery 255% after Windows Update Sept 2022

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery 255% after Windows Update Sept 2022: My Surface Pro 4 battery suddenly shows a 255% charge after the most recent Windows updates. If I unplug the Surface from the power source, it immediately dies. Any idea how this can be fixed? Thank you....
  4. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  5. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  6. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. this is a virus or a bug ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is a virus or a bug ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrnothing- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwk7yp/this_is_a_virus_or_a_bug/
  8. Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?: PUA:Win32InstallCore PUA:Win32/InstallCore.LL PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms PUA:Win32/InstallCore submitted by /u/Theoutbreakdotguv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipv7l8/windows_defender_found_4_threats_are_they_normal/
  9. Virus or bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or bug: Hi i have a virus and my computer is not working or working but very very slower what is happening? What should i do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-bug/da60f72f-cd73-41c4-8222-ae8b14798acf
  10. Windows defender virus definition bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender virus definition bug: I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published...