Windows 10: Windows defender virus definition bug

Discus and support Windows defender virus definition bug in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raythien, May 6, 2019.

1. Raythien Win User

Windows defender virus definition bug

I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published versions of the installer that were not in the past identified as a virus. This leads me to believe that Microsoft updated the algorithm for identifying this virus and introduced a bug.

Can somebody from Microsoft contact me so we can troubleshoot this bug? I'm sure I'm not the only one affected.

Thank you,

David Cohen

:)

Raythien, May 6, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, May 6, 2019
  3. virus and spyware definition

I followed the steps as suggested, and hence the problem got solved that time. But now again the virus definition is not getting updated. Its showing the same problem again. Any long term solution?

AbhinavSrivastav_790, May 6, 2019
  4. Windows defender virus definition bug

Windows Defender won't update the virus and spyware definitions

Hi Tobin,

Based on the issue that you are experiencing when updating virus and spyware definitions of Windows Defender, there is a possibility that another third-party antivirus is preventing the update or there is a system file corruption that stops the update from
    being installed. For us to provide better assistance, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 device? To check, type
      winver in the search bar then hit Enter.
    • Have you made any recent changes or installed other updates prior to this issue?
    • Do you have another antivirus running in the background?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender virus definition bug

1. Windows defender virus definition bug - Similar Threads - defender virus definition

2. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching''

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Virus and Spyware Definitions stuck on ''searching'': Hey, so I'm having a problem with Windows Defender. I bought my laptop used about a year ago now and everything was fine until I restarted it once and it got stuck in a boot loop and I had to refresh it. Now whenever I try to update virus and spyware definitions in Windows...
  3. Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...

Request for Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and...: I am big fan of Microsoft service, my huge request to team Microsoft to provide Windows Defender standalone installer, offline virus database(definitions) and standalone Windows Store for download on your official website. Because the main reason is when we perform windows...
  4. Windows defender bug

Windows defender bug: Since, when I uninstalled McAfee, there is a bug in the windows defender which cause the problem for him to show nothing, no buttons. It also correlates to the windows update problem because it is not updating. I need immediate help because it could allow viruses. I posted...
  5. windows defender won't update virus and spy-ware definitions

windows defender won't update virus and spy-ware definitions: there is a network connection. defender updated itself until 90% done then a pop-up showed on the screen saying that virus and spy-ware definitions wouldn't update....
  6. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  7. Bug or virus.

Bug or virus.: I am user of windows 10 64 bit edition, my laptop is fx504. I am facing auto typing issue in windows. Whenever I am logging in, windows start typing c automatically and it restrict me to do any other task. If any one can kindly help me to rectify this issue....
  8. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509
  9. window defender virus definition update error

window defender virus definition update error: every time i try to update the spyware and virus definitions its popup a message that it couldnt be updated and shows error code: 0x80004004. what should i do?...
  10. Windows Defender Definition-Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Definition-Failure: Hi, something isn't right with my updates. The definition Update for Windows Defender - (KB2267602 1.217.1293.0) failed to install and is still sitting among my update alerts. However when I ran update from inside Windows Defender it successfully installed me 1.217.1303.0...