Windows 10: Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off

Discus and support Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I set Windows Defender virus periodic scanning to on. However, it keeps turning off, without giving me any notice. What can I do to keep it on? Or,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harold E1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Harold E1 Win User

Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off

I set Windows Defender virus periodic scanning to on. However, it keeps turning off, without giving me any notice.

What can I do to keep it on? Or, at the very least, get a notice.

The problem only started after a very recent Windows Update. I always install Updates immediately, in order to have the very latest security fixes. So, I'm not amused when it seems to lead to weakening security.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro IV with Windows 10 Pro

:)

Harold E1, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jul 11, 2019
  3. AnSeDoRo Win User
    Limited Periodic Scanning turns off

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.0.1 MP5

In Windows Defender i need to use only Limited Periodic Scanning. SEP is default antivirus.

Microsoft says:

Enabling Windows 10 Limited Periodic Scanning <--- THIS TURNS OFF

If you are not using Windows Defender as your antivirus program on Windows 10, you can enable
    Limited Periodic Scanning under Settings.

• Navigate to Settings -> Update & Security ->
      Windows Defender.
    • Turn Limited Periodic Scanning on.

Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off 9a6cab00-f19a-45bb-a802-91f968f7a5fc.jpg

AnSeDoRo, Jul 11, 2019
  4. AnSeDoRo Win User

Limited Periodic Scanning turns off

Hello!

I use third-part antivirus. After Anniversary Update in Windows defender is option Limited Periodic Scanning. I turn it ON, but after 5 minutes Limited Periodic Scanning is automatic OFF. And every time when i restart my PC, i need to turn it ON.

Any suggestions?

[Moved from Windows]

AnSeDoRo, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off - Similar Threads - Defender virus periodic

2. Windows Defender Periodic Scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Periodic Scans: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2215 Scenario...I manually run Scans daily on my computer. I got sick and tired of having the occasional notification from Defender...oh we wasted your system resources and scanned your computer 14 times. So thru Task Scheduler I turned off periodic...
  3. Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender: After installing Version 22H2 on 01/10/2023, Defender ceased to update. Starting on that date.Other updates have been installing, as they shouldThis was discovered on 02/25/2023, and I found that the Periodic Scanning Switch had been set to OFF, in some manner. Most likely by...
  4. Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender: After installing Version 22H2 on 01/10/2023, Defender ceased to update. Starting on that date.Other updates have been installing, as they shouldThis was discovered on 02/25/2023, and I found that the Periodic Scanning Switch had been set to OFF, in some manner. Most likely by...
  5. Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does installing version 22H2 turn off Periodic Scanning in Defender: After installing Version 22H2 on 01/10/2023, Defender ceased to update. Starting on that date.Other updates have been installing, as they shouldThis was discovered on 02/25/2023. And I found that the Periodic Scanning Switch had been set toOFF, in some manner. Most likely by...
  6. Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.

Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.: Hello, I use Bitdefender AV, and since a couple of weeks, the system sometimes shows the Windows Defender Scan notification on startup. I disable it, but it keeps turining on.I said since a couple of weeks, because I suspect some Windows Update changed/screwed something. I...
  7. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  8. Defender Periodic scan

Defender Periodic scan: Defender periodic scan keeps turning itself/ being turned off. What can I do to prevent this? I do have Malwarebytes Premium also installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-periodic-scan/5240a38a-04b6-4b62-8c72-2963bc5ec72f
  9. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  10. can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning

can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning: Hello, I turned on windows defender periodic scanning just to test it, but when I went back into settings to turn it off again, the settings options had changed and the toggle switch had disappeared, so it is no longer possible to switch it off. I've tried to follow the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kaspersky defender periodic scanning

2. windows defender periodic scanning turns off