Windows 10: Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

Discus and support Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Strawman420, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as an administrator? I tried right clicking on the App from the Windows Start Menu but "Run as Administrator" option wasn't listed.

Before trying to change the settings Windows Defender Notification said there was numerous threats and a trojan. When I clicked on details of the trojan the screen went to the settings of Windows Defender and now the scan says there are no threats. I do not see a history of threats or scans now either.

:)

Strawman420, Sep 15, 2018

2. Is using windows defender and smartscreen enough protection with windows 10?

I am using windows defender and smartscreen as recommended for protection, but I keep getting adware that prevents me from accessing internet and forcing me to call a number to fix my issue. If you call the number they of course want you to pay for them
    to remove the virus. Why am I getting these if windows defender and smartscreen are enough protection? Should I be using something along with the defender and smartscreen?

[Moved from Windows]

stickchic69, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Sep 15, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

1. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs... - Similar Threads - Defender Virus Protection

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing: So, recently I reseted Windows 11 because the entire computer got corrupted. So I reseted and wiped the entire ssd and used cloud download. Now I went and opened Windows Security, and I cant see both pages, I go to settings to open it from there and when I open Virus and...
  5. Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing

Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection and App and Browser Control not showing: So, recently I reseted Windows 11 because the entire computer got corrupted. So I reseted and wiped the entire ssd and used cloud download. Now I went and opened Windows Security, and I cant see both pages, I go to settings to open it from there and when I open Virus and...
  6. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exploit protection settings and smartscreen off: Hello,Today i checked my windows security and it said that almost every expoit protection setting was off, while i did not turn them off. It also says that smartscreeen is disabled and i cant turn it back on and it says that its managed by my administrator.Does anyone know...
  7. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

exploit protection settings and smartscreen off: Hello,Today i checked my windows security and it said that almost every expoit protection setting was off, while i did not turn them off. It also says that smartscreeen is disabled and i cant turn it back on and it says that its managed by my administrator.Does anyone know...
  8. virus & threat protection settings in defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  9. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn: Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block...
  10. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Strawman420

2. windows defender apps & browser control

3. app to openn windows defender

4. how to fix windows defender apps and browser control,
  5. Windows Defender app & browser,
  6. why i am getting a red x in defender with the option to restore settings