Windows 10: Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Discus and support Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jdUnionngarden, May 24, 2016.

1. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Good morning all!

I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade.
    Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me.

What's your preference? Thoughts .... comments?

Thanks to all who read this and those who also reply. *Smile

Best,
    /jdU

:)

jdUnionngarden, May 24, 2016

2. windows defender vs norton security suite by xfinity

witch is better what do you use

alan cobra1, May 24, 2016
  3. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

TairikuOkami, May 24, 2016
  4. Thanks very much TairikuOkami *Smile,
    I was thinking that would likely be the case ... Reinstalling Norton will be my next task.

Best *Wink
    /jdU

jdUnionngarden, May 24, 2016
  5. kipper Win User
    I also dumped Norton from Comcast..........

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware will protect you just fine.......unless you are spending time on questionable sites....

Defender has developed into a much better program than with past operating systems.......

You might want to give it a try for a while and think about before rushing back into a third party program...

kipper, May 24, 2016
  6. Thanks kipper,
    I'll keep that in mind. I have had difficulties installing Norton in the past.
    Best,
    jdU

jdUnionngarden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

1. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite - Similar Threads - Defender Norton Security

2. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  3. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  4. Windows Defender or Norton

Windows Defender or Norton: Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-norton/eb0e3ceb-7a08-49a3-9414-5bbd384c1f39
  5. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NORTON Security vs Windows Defender: I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am not an IT expert but a learned user. I am being advised to remove the Norton Security system, which is a licensed version...
  6. Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite

Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite: Hello, I'm Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite. When I check the Windows Defender Security Center it shows a Red icon w/ an X and asks to open Norton Security Suite When I click the Icon it shows that I have two Security Suites installed. ( I just...
  7. Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install: Loaded new Security Suite F-Secure through Frontier TV Internet Phone. Windows Defender shows Norton Security as a Provider and causing an error in Face Page of Window Defender...
  8. Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?: I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused. My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it? 44510
  9. Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender

Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender: I have been running Win10 for a couple of years now and have depended on Windows Defender as my anti-virus protection along with Malware Bytes. So far no problems. While surfing this morning a came across an articled which implied Defender alone needed the company of Windows...
  10. Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security

Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security: I would like to get some opinions regarding Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security. I've been around computers a long time and I know that every time you turn around there's a new "king of the hill" when it comes to Security Software so I realize that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender vs norton

2. norton vs windows defender

3. windows defender vs norton antivirus

4. windows defender vs norton security 2018,
  5. windows defender vs norton security,
  6. windows defender for windows 10 vs norton,
  7. windows defender vs norton security suite,
  8. windows defender vs norton xfinity,
  9. windows security vs norton security suite,
  10. norton antivirus vs windows defender,
  11. windows defender or norton,