Windows 10: Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

Discus and support Windows Defender vs. Windows Security in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluewind, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Bluewind Win User

Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other?

Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date.

Thank you.

:)

Bluewind, Feb 19, 2020

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Feb 19, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 19, 2020
  4. BOW
    Bow Win User

Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

Thema:

1. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security - Similar Threads - Defender Security

2. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  3. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  4. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  5. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  6. Windows defender has been blocked for security reasons… how do I unlock my pc??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender has been blocked for security reasons… how do I unlock my pc??: My PC is locked from windows defender… how do I unlock it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-has-been-blocked-for-security/d058b51b-74f4-4e49-ad25-2f4ef7467396
  7. Windows defender has been blocked for security reasons… how do I unlock my pc??

Windows defender has been blocked for security reasons… how do I unlock my pc??: My PC is locked from windows defender… how do I unlock it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-has-been-blocked-for-security/d058b51b-74f4-4e49-ad25-2f4ef7467396
  8. Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security: Hi, I accidentally deactivated my Windows Defender security system and when I installed the latest Windows 11 update 23H2 I'm unable to sign in to my school account and when I restart my laptop the sign in button gets greyed out and I can't use my laptop at all. Is there a...
  9. Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security

Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security: Hi, I accidentally deactivated my Windows Defender security system and when I installed the latest Windows 11 update 23H2 I'm unable to sign in to my school account and when I restart my laptop the sign in button gets greyed out and I can't use my laptop at all. Is there a...
  10. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd