Windows 10: Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202

Discus and support Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My 10 year old got a brand new gaming PC for her birthday just 3 weeks ago. All of the updates and everything have been working perfectly up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AriannaRodgers, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202

Hi,

My 10 year old got a brand new gaming PC for her birthday just 3 weeks ago. All of the updates and everything have been working perfectly up until 4/3/2020. On 4/3/2020, the automatic updates did a bunch of Security Updates for Microsoft Office successfully, but the last security update on 4/3/2020 failed "Last failed install attempt on ‎4/‎3/‎2020 - 0x80070643".

At the same time that this security update failed, Windows Defender was "turned off" and we have tried every trouble shooting step possible to turn it back on. The switch button is "grayed out" and can't be changed. When I try to follow the trouble shooter steps, the locations where windows defender is supposed to be, or options we are supposed to be seeing, are not there.

We are convinced that something removed the Windows Defender from her PC.

Also, since the moment of this failed security update, not only did Windows defender get removed for some reason, but she now continues to get the blue screen of death for all types of reasons...memory management errors, driver verifier detected violations errors, system service exception, page fault in nonpaged area, IRQL not less or equal, and Kernal Security Check failure. We've done all the trouble shooting steps associated to each of those errors. they stop for a day or two, then randomly will start happening again while she's playing a game and she'll get 3 or 4 or 5 BSOD errors in an hour or two.

All of this started with the 4/3/2020 failed Windows Security Update for Windows Defender Antivirus. The last successful Windows Defender Antivirus update was version 1.313.696.0. The version that failed was 1.313.712.0, we checked for driver updates and all drivers were up to date.

We read the recommendations on other posts about how to replace Window's Defender through either a Copy of Repair procedure. We tried the repair procedure and got an error that said windows 10 couldn't be installed and when we signed back in after all the process was over, nothing was fixed or changed. We also tried to do a Windows Start up Repair to update and repair windows 10 and that didn't work either - got a message that said Startup Repair Couldn't Repair your PC.

This is a brand new desktop computer, my daughter has only played Roblox and Minecraft and done her school work for this remote learning everyone is doing. I don't even know how she could have gotten a virus on here that could have removed defender. She doesn't browse the web or download anything to this PC.

Can anyone help? sorry for the long post, just trying to provide you with everything we know and have tried so far so we don't waste anyone's time and thought if we gave the entire picture it might help connect some dots that otherwise haven't been noticed before?

Should we just reinstall a brand new, clean version of Windows 10?

It just seems weird that on 4/3 we had a successful security update, then that same day, the security updates started failing, the BSOD started happening and our defender was removed ALL on 4/3.

Thank you all so much!

:)

AriannaRodgers, Apr 8, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202

Fractal Design NODE 202

That's exactly the info that this review should have conveyed, but didn't. Many thanks.

I like Fractal's cases too but it looks like the 202 is a swing and a miss. Those temperatures are frightening.

Assimilator, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202

1. Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202 - Similar Threads - Defender went missing

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  4. Brand new windows 11 PC running at 100% maximum frequency but 3% CPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new windows 11 PC running at 100% maximum frequency but 3% CPU.: I have a Lenovo 5i Creator Edition desktop that I have only had for about 5 weeks. The first 4 were amazing, but the past two days have been an absolute nightmare. I believe windows updated a few days ago. When I updated to WIN11 after buying my pc, I could run two Adobe apps...
  5. Brand new windows 11 PC running at 100% maximum frequency but 3% CPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new windows 11 PC running at 100% maximum frequency but 3% CPU.: I have a Lenovo 5i Creator Edition desktop that I have only had for about 5 weeks. The first 4 were amazing, but the past two days have been an absolute nightmare. I believe windows updated a few days ago. When I updated to WIN11 after buying my pc, I could run two Adobe apps...
  6. Transferring W10 from laptop to brand new PC...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring W10 from laptop to brand new PC...?: I've been googling all night, trying to find some way contacting Microsoft but no company has a "contact" section anymore, it's pathetic. I've read many guides on how to, but they're all vague and different. So I'm none the wiser. I want to: Activate W10 on a PC I'm gonna...
  7. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  8. Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing: All, My drive D and personal documents went missing. I tried all ways and means but don't seem to work. I also did not backup so can't use the restore & backup option. Just upgraded Windows 10 recently. Help please. 144732
  9. Windows Defender went missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender went missing.: Hello, so one time i wanted to check something in Windows Defender. Then i realised that there's no WD icon on right-bottom side bar. Then i went to Windows Defender settings and it's completely blank. It's like there's no information about it. Here are some screens that...
  10. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...