Windows 10: Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Discus and support Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have tried all (?) posted suggestions. Help!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Merle Riley, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have tried all (?) posted suggestions. Help!

:)

Merle Riley, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

1. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have... - Similar Threads - Defender restart uninstalling

2. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  3. Security Windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Windows defender: Hi. A malicious Google update has put my windows defender out of action. I'm running windows 8.1 from a HP Compaq CQ58 laptop. I've tried various methods but not no avail, will be so kind and help me to solvethis problem. thanks Edward...
  4. Windows Security Uninstalls itself after threat detection

Windows Security Uninstalls itself after threat detection: Hi, so I'm running windows 10 education and i was on google looking for movies. And i clicked on a link from google. Immediately my chrome goes wild. Sounds are going off, the website on the screen is blinking, my chrome window goes from half screen to full screen and...
  5. windows defender uninstall

windows defender uninstall: how can I uninstall windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-uninstall/529c3633-b3e9-43b7-9ab1-a246377a1922
  6. having problem with windows defender security center

having problem with windows defender security center: Hi i am getting some issue with windows defender security center. i am using kaspersky antivirus. when i open windows defender security center and in firewall and network option i am getting red X. and under that it saying "action needed in kaspersky antivirus". i don't know...
  7. restarting windows defender

restarting windows defender: My windows defender is telling me to restart it, but it won't let me. How do I restart it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/restarting-windows-defender/611dd5bf-c83a-4835-a93f-79c4fd21897e
  8. Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling Windows TouchPad Software: Hi Microsoft Community, I would like to ask a question about the TouchPad Driver that Windows automatically installed for me. So, I have been using Windows 10 for 5 months and the first boot it automatically installed a TouchPad Driver for me. I did not notice that and I...
  9. Having problem with Windows Defender Security Center

Having problem with Windows Defender Security Center: Hi guys, I am having a strange problem with Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10 1709 (Build 16299.98). When I click on "Home" or "App & Browser control" WDSC will closes itself. No problem when click on "Virus & Threat Protection", "Device Performance & Health" &...
  10. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...