Windows 10: Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Discus and support Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have tried all (?) posted suggestions. Help!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Merle Riley, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have tried all (?) posted suggestions. Help!

:)

Merle Riley, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have...

1. Windows Defender will not restart after uninstalling AnyTech365 security software. Have... - Similar Threads - Defender restart uninstalling

2. After uninstalling software, there are keys in the "Security Center" of the registry...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstalling software, there are keys in the "Security Center" of the registry...: I can not delete these keys. I can not change the permissions for these keys. Other keys I can delete. When I choose to uninstall software, I should be allowed to delete ALL keys if I choose. Does anyone know how to delete such keys? This is just another example of...
  3. After uninstalling software, there are keys in the "Security Center" of the registry...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After uninstalling software, there are keys in the "Security Center" of the registry...: I can not delete these keys. I can not change the permissions for these keys. Other keys I can delete. When I choose to uninstall software, I should be allowed to delete ALL keys if I choose. Does anyone know how to delete such keys? This is just another example of...
  4. After uninstalling software, there are keys in the "Security Center" of the registry...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AnyTech365 new scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AnyTech365 new scam?: I received two e-mails this week from AnyTech 365 telling me my 3-yr subscription was up for renewal. I have never had a subscription of any kind with this "company." In one e-mail it appeared they were going to take almost $500 from my credit card unless I called them and...
  6. AnyTech365 new scam?

AnyTech365 new scam?: I received two e-mails this week from AnyTech 365 telling me my 3-yr subscription was up for renewal. I have never had a subscription of any kind with this "company." In one e-mail it appeared they were going to take almost $500 from my credit card unless I called them and...
  7. AnyTech365 scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AnyTech365 scam?: I am doing research on the company AnyTech365. When I search this video pop up, but it doesn't actually say in the video that it's about AnyTech365:https://youtu.be/c909CRu58lsCan anyone confirm if that's the case? I have seen another thread in here about the company, but...
  8. Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?: When resetting my Windows 10 laptop, and choosing to remove all of the files off of the laptop, will Windows 10 itself be removed? Sorry if my question is unclear. submitted by /u/mclanegamesyt [link] [comments]...
  9. Installing a software after uninstalling

Installing a software after uninstalling: Hi, I have a problem with installing a program I recently uninstalled. I was installing the update of the program then I get the error: 'An error -5005 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other...
  10. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef