Windows 10: Windows Defender will Not work or clean

Discus and support Windows Defender will Not work or clean in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Windows Defender will Not work or clean.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dianestewart2, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows Defender will Not work or clean

Split from this thread.​

Windows Defender will Not work or clean.

:)

dianestewart2, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Defender will Not work or clean

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender will Not work or clean

1. Windows Defender will Not work or clean - Similar Threads - Defender clean

2. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up: I've recently been having an issue where performing disk cleanup on non critical windows defender files doesn't delete them but fills them up ever so slightly. It was 15mb before and now it's 26.8mb after performing disk cleanup. Is there a manual way to delete the files in...
  3. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up: I've recently been having an issue where performing disk cleanup on non critical windows defender files doesn't delete them but fills them up ever so slightly. It was 15mb before and now it's 26.8mb after performing disk cleanup. Is there a manual way to delete the files in...
  4. Windows Defender files not deleting while cleaning up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IT Administrator has limited access to Windows Defender on a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IT Administrator has limited access to Windows Defender on a clean install: I reinstalled windows and set it up only to find I couldn't scan my files for viruses due to the IT administrator has limited access issue. I tried every possible fix and nothing worked. I ultimately reinstalled windows again only for the issue to persist across reinstalls on...
  6. IT Administrator has limited access to Windows Defender on a clean install

IT Administrator has limited access to Windows Defender on a clean install: I reinstalled windows and set it up only to find I couldn't scan my files for viruses due to the IT administrator has limited access issue. I tried every possible fix and nothing worked. I ultimately reinstalled windows again only for the issue to persist across reinstalls on...
  7. windows defender won't delete threats when I press remove or clean threat nothing happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender won't delete threats when I press remove or clean threat nothing happens...: is there ana way to delete those files because the windows defender won't delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-delete-threats-when-i-press/fd938de8-8434-4a35-b2e3-5b97af872d0a
  8. windows defender won't delete threats when I press remove or clean threat nothing happens...

windows defender won't delete threats when I press remove or clean threat nothing happens...: is there ana way to delete those files because the windows defender won't delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-delete-threats-when-i-press/fd938de8-8434-4a35-b2e3-5b97af872d0a
  9. Windows Defender finds one new threat every day even though quick scans come clean

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender finds one new threat every day even though quick scans come clean: Two days ago I accidentally downloaded malware and Defender quickly detected it and removed it. It's since found at least two more fragments of the original malware which it has also tracked and removed. However, ever since this happened this process repeats itself :Defender...
  10. how to clean the Historical Protected record of the “Windows Defender Exploit...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to clean the Historical Protected record of the “Windows Defender Exploit...: how to clean the Historical Protected record of the “Windows Defender Exploit Guard-Controlled Folder Access”“” I couldn't find a button to delete the history, so I wanted to ask which folder the history is stored in, or which location in the registry I once DELETED...