Windows 10: Windows Defender window is empty

Discus and support Windows Defender window is empty in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro. If I right-click on a file or folder, the WD window is launched - but it's empty. The same thing happens if I click on the WD... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OldGrantonian, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows Defender window is empty

I have Win 10 Pro.

If I right-click on a file or folder, the WD window is launched - but it's empty.

The same thing happens if I click on the WD icon in sys tray.

Any advice?

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Feb 18, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 18, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows Defender window is empty

According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender window is empty

1. Windows Defender window is empty - Similar Threads - Defender window empty

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty: Dear reader,I'am looking for the scan results of the windows defender offline scan on a PC with Windows 10 LTSC 1809 fully updated. When I do a quick scan I have the following results:So here I can see the information about the threats, duration, etc...But when I do a offline...
  3. Defender About Page is Empty

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender About Page is Empty: Three days ago I noticed there were no definition updates when I looked in windows update history. Looking it up on the internet, I found out that these are updates to windows defender, so I checked online what is the latest version and when I came to look what version I...
  4. BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List: I noticed yesterday, WD engine installed an update, i opened my exclusions list and it was empty, they only appear in the registry but not the exclusions Ui. I read that a workaround for this issue is using group policy editor to exclude the paths and doing that makes them...
  5. Windows Defender empty window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender empty window.: Hello, I can't access windows defender, it's just blank, any help please?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-empty-window/975b5d50-2293-4408-82db-6864c6d24266
  6. Windows defender security at a glance is empty

Windows defender security at a glance is empty: Does this means that my pc has a virus or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-at-a-glance-is-empty/51f24fb9-d3e0-45bb-90c7-bab83af3f655
  7. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  8. Windows Defender shows up empty. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender shows up empty. Help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZorgoCrypton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6fxb7/windows_defender_shows_up_empty_help/
  9. Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages: Hello, I wanted to enable the periodic scanning feature in Windows defender for double securitysince i already McAfee installed but it's completely empty, like the image below [IMG] so I try to enable Windows Defender in "services" screen, but showing the error...
  10. Empty Windows Defender Security At a Glance Menu

Empty Windows Defender Security At a Glance Menu: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, First of all thanks for the response and help. I was trying to open windows defender today to run a full scan, but I received the blank menu screen as attached on the photo. I tried restarted and shutting down and Windows update but there are no...