Windows 10: Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ

Discus and support Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently placed several new HP units in service in my office. The one on my desk repeatedly finds a VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.GQ reported... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RLove1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. RLove1 Win User

Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ

I recently placed several new HP units in service in my office. The one on my desk repeatedly finds a VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.GQ reported infected file in the .cache part of the DropBox files accessed by this machine.

Other units similarly configured and accessing the cloud based dropbox data are not showing this WinDefender Obfuscator file as a threat.

By virtue of being an Obfuscator, this JS ( I read it as java script ) would seem to be an unruly type of code that cannot be predicted to be safe ………....

or should I just mark it as NOT A THREAT and move along???

It is not found with the Microsoft Malicious Software removal tool...….. for what that's worth.

I've not tried others to this moment, not wanting to load up with 10 antispy phish ad hijack virus ransom world is coming to an end tomorrow type ware on this new machine.

Hints, Clues? or just breathe, and take the chance that NOT A THREAT is the correct answer????

Thanks

amateur at this still after all these years

:)

RLove1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ

1. Windows Defender Windows 10 finding JS/ObfuscatorGQ - Similar Threads - Defender finding ObfuscatorGQ

2. Windows defender can't find virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender can't find virus: Windows defender can't find virus, and chrasches my computer when scanning for viruses. And it fills C to the brim, And I can't delete files, when it restarts after manually or now frequent chrasches. All files that have been deleted is restored. I can delete files for a...
  3. Windows defender can't find virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender can't find virus: Windows defender can't find virus, and chrasches my computer when scanning for viruses. And it fills C to the brim, And I can't delete files, when it restarts after manually or now frequent chrasches. All files that have been deleted is restored. I can delete files for a...
  4. Windows defender can't find virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Some findings in Windows Defender

Some findings in Windows Defender: Hi so much interested as it works better to say how to control the Windows Defender I read that actually an antivirus program checks some file and detects whether or not it does not match the known virus that has been written in the NO database and I found in the laptop found...
  6. Solved: Can't find Windows Defender on Windows 10 it disappeared

Solved: Can't find Windows Defender on Windows 10 it disappeared: I solved my issue regarding the inability to turn on Windows Defender on Windows 10 using a method not listed on any of the countless websites talking about this issue. My symptom was that, under Windows Security settings, the option for "Virus & threat protection"...
  7. Cannot Find Windows Defender

Cannot Find Windows Defender: I cant find my windows defender. It says that there is no security provider. why is that even though no removal process of the windows defender has benn done. [Original Title: windows defender.]...
  8. Windows 10 Affected with JS/Adware.Agent.AA virus

Windows 10 Affected with JS/Adware.Agent.AA virus: I had Avast in my windows 10 pc , suddenly today morning it shows warning JS/Adware.Agent.AA virus, it tried to remove it but failed . After many hours of searching over internet I found a final solution with Sushkom free antivirus and JS/Adware.Agent.AA was successfully...
  9. .js Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .js Error: hi With no reason and with different intervals, windows 10, show this error : Can not find script file C:\users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tempINEE36788M.js It is annoying and does not stop :((((((((( please help Thanks...
  10. Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10: How to: Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 How to Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 Windows Defender Antivirus. While Windows Defender Antivirus is automatically updated via Windows Update by default in Windows 10, you may want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.GQ