Windows 10: Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...

Discus and support Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After struggling to access protection history and allowed threats in Windows Defender see the following... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YannEA, May 18, 2021.

1. YannEA Win User

Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...

After struggling to access protection history and allowed threats in Windows Defender see the following threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/reinstall-windows-defender-in-windows-10/93a2cfc4-b206-470d-9537-acbe1142bbc9?messageId=62177d5c-ae68-4944-9557-0fea7392928aI have FOUND A WORK AROUND !Open Windows Security aka Defender, go to:Virus and Threat Protection > scroll down a bitManage Settings >scroll downExclusions !!!! USE THIS

:)

YannEA, May 18, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, May 18, 2021
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 18, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender
    Right click on it and select Clear log.

You'll have to log off to clear history

Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select:  Protection History... [​IMG]

AndreTen, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History... - Similar Threads - Defender Security automatically

2. Windows Security Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Protection History: Hi! I just wanted to ask, when I go in Protection History, it says "Potentially unwanted app removed."It means that my laptop is safe, right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-protection-history/cf3fc869-38b7-41fd-9bce-e72b6261da5e
  3. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: My protection history was filled forever, to the point it would sometimes crash if I opened it and now it's all cleared does windows automatically clear protection history?...
  4. protection history in windows defender closed automatically

protection history in windows defender closed automatically: my protection history in windows defender closed automatically. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-history-in-windows-defender-closed/4a107571-572d-4323-b0ca-0955cc8c86dc
  5. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: Hi,I've scanned two things in the past as malware thanks to Windows Security one of which were a false positive - came from a game called Genshin Impact that is attached to cache files, and the other you can see from my post history Bluteal!A. Today, I went to see my...
  6. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  7. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  8. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  9. Windows Security/Protection history

Windows Security/Protection history: Happy Holidays to All. Nov 5th 2019: Windows 10 Pro version Winver 18362.449, I have since updated to 1909, winver 18363.476. But since Nov 5th I have had random shutdown of Outlook.com mail, either using Firefox or EDGE. Microsoft opened a case number and promptly closed it....
  10. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451