Windows 10: Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!

Discus and support Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple days ago I switched from McAfee LiveSafe to Norton Antivirus Plus. I just now can't remember why opened Windows Defender. In the Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!

A couple days ago I switched from McAfee LiveSafe to Norton Antivirus Plus.

I just now can't remember why opened Windows Defender. In the Windows Security Section, it does list Norton for a few things currently being covered. However, in the middle of that list, it reads Web Protection, NONE. Meaning there is no web protection.

How can Norton Antivirus Plus cover my device, through the internet yet it says I have NO WEB PROTECTION? Is that a mistake or do I have web protection? Can't get a hold of Norton because of this stupid Covid-19 crapola!

Thanks,

Barry

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Apr 4, 2020
  2. BOW
    Bow Win User

Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!

Windows built in security

According to the results of AV-TEST's latest run, Microsoft Security Essentials stinks when it comes to protecting a Windows machine (came in dead-last).

Static~Charge, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!

1. Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE! - Similar Threads - Defender Security Web

2. Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working: Hi all,My Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection have all appeared to stop working. My real-time protection is off and I can't switch it off. I did not have any 3rd party antivirus software at the time just installed Avira free to plug the gap for now. May I kindly...
  3. Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam

Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam: I received a email that I was billed for $299.99 for a plan.I did not authorize this so I called the number, it appears to be a scam as they wanted me to type in a RSUPPORT.US address and fill out a cancelation form, they would not tell me what credit card I was charged until...
  4. Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?: Or is it just for microsoft edge? submitted by /u/killerofpain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfl3gi/does_windows_defenders_web_protection_work_for/
  5. Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?: I was using Malwarebytes real time protection and accidentally turned off "web protection". But since I was using MB windows defender real time protection was also disabled. Does that mean there was a brief moment where my web browsers was not protected by neither software?...
  6. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  7. related to security and web protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    related to security and web protection: Dear Microsoft I want to know that while I am using windows 10 in my PC/Laptop, do I need a third party anti virus and web protection packsoftware to be installed in my PC or Laptop to keep safe my data? kindly suggest...
  8. windows defender/security protection

windows defender/security protection: I have Windows Defender but unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection and need to download and install an app for web protection? Or is Windows Defender enough protection all alone?...
  9. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

Any web protection for browser for windows defender?: I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Windows Defender Web Protection

Windows Defender Web Protection: Look This Windows Defender Web Protection is not turned on. Its say No providers, so my question is if web protection can turn on So tell me how to turn on it. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you have web protection with windows defender

2. why does web protection say no providers in windows security settings

3. why do my settingss say no provider under web protection